central locking control unit

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
astirl2809
New

central locking control unit

Post by astirl2809 »

Hi everyone.

my wife has just bought a P reg 1.4 CL only to find out that the central locking is not working. She was told the fuse had gone but when i looked in the boot i found that there was no pump!!. only the tube and wires!!.

Could anyone let me know what type of pump fits this model please.
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

I cant really help but theres a full "remote" centra locking kit you can buy of ebay for under £50... If you know how to wire it up that could be an option. I was quoted £120 for remote centra locking, alarm & imoboliser. So Im sure the parts ie the pump you need would be about £20ish... Just drop by at one of the places who fit alarms they should be able to assist you.
suby786
New

Post by suby786 »

all i know is that the pump is pretty expensive new... around £100 as i remember mine went funny due to water damage but then went ok... you can get them 2nd hand from breakers.. i had emails in region of £50-60... and as these pumps are identical to many of the similar dubs, finding one shouldnt be a problem
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

yep, just get a 2nd hand pump - either from a breakers or off ebay
astirl2809
New

Post by astirl2809 »

many thanks.

Popped down to our local scrappy and he pulled a pump from a mark 3 golf. He said it would fit but i wasn't too sure.

However, got home and connected it up and it works perfectly. I got more info by searching the forum -something i should have done prior to the post :oops:

total cost was £40 all in which i think was a good deal :D
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

glad its sorted! 8)