New alloy wheels

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Mint
Bronze Member

New alloy wheels

Post by Mint »

As some of you may know, and for those of you who dont, im new to the car scene and my current polo is my first car. Today i paid a visit to my local motorworld store and purchased some alloy wheels. I would like your opinions as to whether you think they will blend nicely with a metallic green polo, or whether im making a mistake. They should be ready for pickup on Thursday or Friday.

Here is the link to the exact ones. http://www.motor-world.co.uk/kroozin/sh ... od_id=9683

Thanks for your advice. I've also enquired about some clear indicators and side repeaters on the VAG Parts section of this forum. I think this is all i will be doing to it though as it is my first car... do you think it is wise to modify it?
dragon_green
Gold Member

Post by dragon_green »

hi,

if you do modify your car, make sure to declare everything to your insurance company - if you do make a claim, they will try to get out of paying you if at all possible!

i guess the other thing you might worry about is the value of the car when you do come to sell it. the best idea here is to only do things that can be reversed (and keep the original parts if possible) so that when you do sell up, you can revert the car to it's original condition.

a modded car will attract more attention - an alarm or stoplock might be a good idea too.
Mint
Bronze Member

Post by Mint »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. In terms of modifications, i only intend to add these new alloy wheels, clear indicators and clear repeaters. I class these as 'mods' but i'm not sure they actually are as they dont change the behaviour of the car. I take your point on my insurance. Do you think ill still have to declare if i only have 3rd party cover?

I took the car into the bodyshop to have some rust spots (rear wheel arches, front left wing replaced) fixed, that costed me £250 - so i decided ill try and keep the car for a good few years, provided nothing goes wrong with the engine.
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

You'll have to declare the wheels, but I wouldn't have thought you'd have to worry about the indicators
Mint
Bronze Member

Post by Mint »

OK, thanks.

What do you think of the wheels anyhow? :) or :( ?
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

They don't look too bad actually, should look good on the car.
Mint
Bronze Member

Post by Mint »

:D thanks.
Mint
Bronze Member

Post by Mint »

Thanks! Lets hope they fit!!. Well the guy at motorowlrd who ordered them for me said i need low-profile ones for my Polo, so he ordered different tyres for it. I think they were originally 195-50 so he changed them to 195-45. Will it be a straight swap from my steel ones?
Mint
Bronze Member

Post by Mint »

15's
polopowah
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

yup they look nice, will fit on fine aslong as you have pcd 4x100 and an et of around the 32-35 mark (theres some leniency on this subject)

-Ben-
Mint
Bronze Member

Post by Mint »

polopowah wrote:yup they look nice, will fit on fine aslong as you have pcd 4x100 and an et of around the 32-35 mark (theres some leniency on this subject)

-Ben-
I thought 45 was the et? Im unaware of the PCD or ET, but the chap said they fit all VW's, Audies, Vauxhalls and some others. Might have to fit spiggot rings?
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

If it's the same as the 6N2 then it will be PCD = 4x100, Offset = ET35
Mint
Bronze Member

Post by Mint »

After a bit of research, i've found the following information about the alloys:

Size: 6.5 x 15
PCD: 4/100.0
Offset: 38.00
Tyre: 195/45R15