What cars have you pipped at the lights????

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
stevie007
New

What cars have you pipped at the lights????

Post by stevie007 »

Well the smart car is fast.... especially the For Two Brabus.....

But a 1.3 Litre semi Tuned polo made mince meat out of the smart car.

Was a good race. Going from Stockwell through Brixton to West Norwood.

Sorry boys in the smart with the Mclaren Logos all over it but VW wins this one.

What Wacky races have people had.... I don't mean races whereby you race someone who wasnt prepared for a race. Just races where others encourage it.

New Clio versus old polo....... Polo Won on Edgeware Road Straight. You will know when someone has lost and thats when they try to over take you on a busy road. Idiots.
DScape
Bronze Member

Post by DScape »

I seem to beat loads of randomites on ringroads thinking they're Schumacher. It's comical cause they always start to merge with my rear bumper when Im doing the speed limit, overtake when it comes to 2 lanes, then we get to an island where they realise they're driving a wardrobe and I'm not....

Never do anyone from the lights, ever, only bloody ringroads and it always seems to be the same sort of people doing it all the damn time!

Last one was an Ibiza full of lads....he completely cut the island to go straight on, and I just went the long way round him, never lost it at all....muahhaaa polo powaahhhh

So in answer to your question...no one :( Although there was one guy who stalled, I nearly crashed laughing.
Phil6N
Bronze Member

Post by Phil6N »

you'l never believe this but i had a 4 litre jag(i think it was 4 anyway), was a huge newish jag anyway. I had it of the line with 3 other lads in the carand nugged ahead as two lanes became 1. And he had some milf in the passenger seat who i think he was trying to impressed. He was so not happy, he was tail gating me for ages.
I couldnt believe it myself, i was pissing myself with laughter.
Vw strikes again, oh yes :D
R1CH
Platinum Member

Post by R1CH »

racing isnt really my thing,,,just leave em too it normally.
macemc86
Silver Member

Post by macemc86 »

i also had someone rev their engine at the lights the other night, only to stall on amber MWAHAHAHAHA....

im always racing off the lights, i usually stop though once ive got ahead and made my point!

i once saw a female cop speeding in a police car that didnt have lights or the reflective strips......these cars are not allowed to speed.she was doing 45 in a 30 so i made a point of having a go at the lights :) ( my brother in law egged me on lol) ...
she didnt seem to give a s**t, and i stopped accelerating at 30 (just incase)....she proceeded to pass me at 45 ish, only to pull straight into the police station...

:evil: :evil: :evil: friggin beyotch!
13twelve
Gold Member

Post by 13twelve »

macemc86

clearly the tea was on...

i once beat a ford mustang from some lights in ashton - he was pissed off.
golf gtis i've beaten also in ashton recently
in salford beat a gang of crusizing kids one by one, first a zetec fiesta, then a punto and then a saxo vtr and a the zetec fiesta again at one set of lights (the east lancs lol)
oh in whally range i beat my boss's focus tdi lol

yeah sure i boy race from the lights alot lol

experience counts for loads i think, hence able to upset much quicker cars.

i've also been beaten by all sorts; the worst was an old granny in a nissan 1993 nissan sunny 1.6 saloon thing (which I swear must be *the* fastest cars ever)

and the most fun was a 106 gti on a motorway slip road, who stayed right behind me before effortless flying past me at the top of the slip road
those things really are quick
M1 TCH
Bronze Member

Post by M1 TCH »

thrashed a saxo vtr! :D

the polo's are very nippy with minor mods, but dont expect to be keeping up wth M3's etc....hahahha.... like that t**t on porka!

guy reckond his polo kept up with a new m3, quarter mile in 12 seconds!!!

WOW! HAHAHAHAHA
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

I beat the odd clio & corsa.... I bully the micra drivers,,, but polo isnt really a racing car so I try not to race really...
omicron
Gold Member

Post by omicron »

rich16v wrote:racing isnt really my thing,,,just leave em too it normally.
Same here, grew out of it when I was 12 and went off Scalectrix.

Anyone who races on the roads is a w**k, end of story.
13twelve
Gold Member

Post by 13twelve »

omicron wrote:
Anyone who races on the roads is a ****, end of story.

People who swear only swear because the vocabulary they posses is not sufficiant to allow them to articulate their thoughts in any more meaningful way.

</inflamatory comment>
omicron
Gold Member

Post by omicron »

Utterly true mate. I don't know any other words to describe the two w**k who overtook me before a blind bend last night, and I know lots of words, in a fair few languages, I'm writing a novel at the minute and still haven't used all the ones I know.

If you don't like that word, there's a greek one that also fits, think it's spelt something like copanthos.
13twelve
Gold Member

Post by 13twelve »

I was meerly satirising your decision to call everyone else (bar rich16v) a dick.

Your, of course, free to your opinion. Lol just I dont share it ;-)

Infact if I'm honest:

Swearing is both big and clever.
Racing from the lights is cool.

(outright wreckless driving, of course, is for idiots)

Though good luck with your novel - a mate of mine tried to write on once and kinda lost the plot with it (some pun intended)
macemc86
Silver Member

Post by macemc86 »

it depends to what degree you take the racing, just accelerating from the lights isnt a c**t thing to do in my opinion, flying around residential areas at crazy speeds whilst racing someone is though :)

hehe
stevie007
New

Post by stevie007 »

Quite a mixed range of pipping people at the lights.

Van drivers are the best ones to wind up.

Polo might not be an everyday sports car. But when you need it to be one it will be one.

Small cars are good to beat. But the chaps who have had contact with M3's and jags good on ya.

I think the best way of classing a beating is who can get in front first. What happens after that doesnt count. You will get the odd idiot who would risk others lives. But let them worry about that.

I'm happy with my polo's ability to corner so well. Not as much fun as no power steering polo's but still good.
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

Its a race from 0-60mph...after that let the idiot overtake you