Eagle F1's?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
frazzle
Getting There!

Eagle F1's?

Post by frazzle »

Need to get a couple of new front tyres for the GTi, and was thinking about getting the Goodyear Eagle f1's - anyone had any experience with these?, or is there a better option?

By the way, I'll be ordering tyres from www.mytyres.co.uk, as they seem to be cheaper than anyone else out there!
Dangerous Dave
Silver Member

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I've had two sets of them they are great tyres in the dry and epecially the wet. The only downsides compared to the Michelin Pilots that came with the car is that they wear quicker (I only managed 13k from the fronts with F1s, changed the Pilots at 24k although I got the car with 14k on the clock from a lady owner) and that from a standing start they don't grip aswell. Don't really doing fast standing starts so its no great loss.
Prash
Silver Member

Post by Prash »

Eagle F1's are brilliant, go for it :)
fink
Getting There!

Post by fink »

Got F1's here and nothing but joy outa them...they glue you to the road.
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

Where abouts do you live Frazzle?
neilw
Gold Member

Post by neilw »

I use F1's on the front. No Complaints. Look nice, grippy in wet and dry and last a long time. What more can you ask for.
RACINGGTI
Getting There!

Post by RACINGGTI »

I've been using Yokohama A532's and they are awesome! People have said to me they will wear very fast but it depends whether you use racing lines when you drive! Racing lines don't half protect your rubber better!
Mine have been on for approaching 13k and are still brand new! and I give it stick!
frazzle
Getting There!

Post by frazzle »

Thanks for the comments guys. F1's it is. I',m about to put them on my Saab 9-5 HOT and it really needs the grip at the front with 250bhp! Just wanted to check that the reports were just as good for the Polo.

MM: I'm exiled up in Glasgow - some great roads up there tho'! 8)
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

Really good tyres! Got them on my car and in the wet they stick to the road like glue!

I got mine from www.pneus-online.co.uk - were cheaper than mytyres :wink:
Spunge
New

Post by Spunge »

eagle f1s are the nuts mind you i am running the new bf goodrich on the front at the mo and exaltos on the back and i cant makes em spin or slide and that includes me throwing it into roundabouts at silly speeds due to new coilies. hehehehe
GTI NUT
Getting There!

Post by GTI NUT »

we had eagle f1s on subaru and were excellent on track but dont wear that well after few track days, i had pirelli pzero neros which found really good better then pilot sports, each to their own preferences, usually go to my tyres but went to tyre traders.com were cheaper and delivered to door next day, trying out toyos, decision still out whether I think they any good.
Robbo
New

Post by Robbo »

I put a pair of Eagle F1s on the front of my GTI recently and moved Kumho Ecstas to the back. The Goodyears are a great tyre, very predictable and grippy in the wet, which suits me as it never stops blood raining here.

I found the Kumhos to be terrible in the wet. They weren't consistent except for their total lack of traction.
Tony B
Getting There!

Post by Tony B »

they're the mutts nuts........ better looking than Toyos (if that makes sense?).........and better handling.
CalvinGTI
Sponsor

Post by CalvinGTI »

Hey Guys

Just been phoning around for some new tyres for me motor and everywhere i ring seems to tell me that 195/45/17 tyres dont exist anymore ?!?!?!

like wtf?

Anyone got any ideas? haha cos im in a pickle !! does anyone know if 205 tyres wud fit on the polo, i didnt get 205's last time as i didnt want any hassle of the rubber catching on the suspension etc.

Anyone had any experience with 17's and what tyres you can get on?

want me motor looking crispy again for the summer !!

Cal