Tints

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Phil6N
Bronze Member

Tints

Post by Phil6N »

Just a quick opinion, im getting my windows tinted on tuesday, but still aint decided what level of tint to go for!?
I was thinking 35% all round would look good, but i would proberbly get pulled alot by police for drivers and passenger being on the limit.
Or do i play it safe an go 20% on front, 35% on the rest, which i think will make it look like a van, cause with 20%, you may aswell not have a tint its that light.
Any opinions would be great, or pictures of any of your cars with tints would be much appreciated.
Cheers P.Did 8)
BLACK6N_POLO
Silver Member

Post by BLACK6N_POLO »

alright mate

i have light smoke on mine all round and it dont seem tht dark, but depending on the time of day and the angle u look they look limo black they are borderline of being leagal/illegal but i dnt think its tht bad

i will say though tht the colour of ur car affects how dark the tints look- on a white car light smoke will look midnight etc

heres a shiit quality pic of my car but it i hows the tints (light smoke)

hope i can help
Phil6N
Bronze Member

Post by Phil6N »

Any idea what % your tint is mate? Looks good though.
Noddy
Bronze Member

Post by Noddy »

Are the Police really that anal about tints? I was looking to get 35% all round but if i'm gonna get pulled over all the time it might not be worth it?
Phil6N
Bronze Member

Post by Phil6N »

Depends what the police are like around your area. if i stay local im all good. But if head towards Wales, or Manchester, there right fussy gits. I was concernd with getting pulled all the time if i was to go with a 35%, but hey, if its legal, then its legal, n theres f all they can do.
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

35% sounds good to me. Maybe darker if you have the guts :) ... The way I see it there is no point in having tints if people can see in easily.

Let us know what you decide 8)
wils0n86
Bronze Member

Post by wils0n86 »

IMHO light smoke tints look far better. i think theres nothing that looks worse then cars with heavily tinted windows. they attract un-neccessary attention, not only from the police but from boy racers etc and other un-desirables.

i think OEM is best, anything too dark doesnt look right. just my 2ps worth, obviously its your decision 8)
H20LYY
New

Post by H20LYY »

Police around edinburgh way are terrible with tints, my friends are always being stopped due their windows, then being tested for drinking! I think a light tints nice and slightly darker on the back! but hey if ur going to the expense of modifying your car dont you want everyone to see you driving it :lol:
DScape
Bronze Member

Post by DScape »

I was going to get mine done the other day, but autoglass wouldn't even touch the fronts at all cause if I get caught and they want to be anal about it, the tinter gets fined. It may also void your insurance.

There are some places about that will do the full thing, but I thought it wasn't worth it in the end. I got my exhaust instead !

In my view, don't see the harm tints cause? Originally I thought it was because they obscure your view...but we could just all wear sunglasses, and then everythings tinted inc. the windscreen? So I presume its in case any of us were envolved in a crime, they would have a witness description or we'd be on CCTV, cause if we had tints it would be a sillouette.

Or have I just missed the point totally? I honestly don't know why tints are so illegal.
polo boi
Gold Member

Post by polo boi »

my back 3 windows are 80% tinted, didnt think it wud b as dark as it is an im gettin my front 2 done this week, just a light tint to blend in with the back, tyhe police will only pull u in if they see that its limo black on the front 2 side windows but they usually hunt people with tinted windows down at night coz u cnt see in at all an they treat that as the tint. so just get a light tint mate
Phil6N
Bronze Member

Post by Phil6N »

cheers everyone, will make my final decision on tues when i drop it off. probably go 35% all round.will post some pics up as soon as there done.
P.Did
polo boi
Gold Member

Post by polo boi »

im gonna get my 2fronts done 35% i just want it dimmed a bit because with the back bein so dark, the car looks cut off coz the front 2 are totally clear, so not i have 2 spend more money in correctin it, so dont get 80%, my mate has 65% all round an its perfect lookin.
Phil6N
Bronze Member

Post by Phil6N »

Just a update, got them done, well pleased with the result. Jobs a good'n. Got 50% on front two, then 35% on the back two, n 20% on the tailgait. Will get some pics up asap, proberbly be thursday.
P.Did

P.S the percentage is the amount of light that is let through the film.
Randall
Gold Member

Post by Randall »

Hey Bud,

I have got 35% tints all-round on mine and have had them on since march 2005. I have had no problems in being pulled over or similar.

In regards to your concerns of being pulled etc the front side windows must let in a light aray of 70% so in all fairness mine are about 5/10% illegal up front and the rear sides & screen you can have as dark as you like

hope this helps

RR