Central Locking "HELP"

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
stu nwpoc
Bronze Member

Central Locking "HELP"

Post by stu nwpoc »

I have a Mk5 (6N2) Polo 1.4 TDi and for some reason i got to work this morning and came to lock the doors and the pump has stopped working and i had to lock each door seperately including the boot, has anyone come across this problem before and how did you solve it ? is it something and nothing or do i need a new central locking pump ??

Cheers Stu

PS : I think the pump on the Mk5 is in the rear drivers Qtr ???? can anyone confirm this for me ???

Any help much appreciated

:cry:
JULEE
New

Post by JULEE »

Hi Stu

I too have a problem with the remote central locking. My problem =occured after the battery was disconnected. The pump works fine.

You need to apply a small voltage across the pump to see if it pumps. After that I do not know as I have posted a similar problem on the forum.
MR_TOAD
New

Re: Central Locking "HELP"

Post by MR_TOAD »

stu nwpoc wrote:I have a Mk5 (6N2) Polo 1.4 TDi and for some reason i got to work this morning and came to lock the doors and the pump has stopped working and i had to lock each door seperately including the boot, has anyone come across this problem before and how did you solve it ? is it something and nothing or do i need a new central locking pump ??

Cheers Stu

PS : I think the pump on the Mk5 is in the rear drivers Qtr ???? can anyone confirm this for me ???

Any help much appreciated

:cry:
What year?
Ian
dragon_green
Gold Member

Re: Central Locking "HELP"

Post by dragon_green »

stu nwpoc wrote:
It certainly is in the Mk4 mate, I imagine it would be the same in the Mk5.

Sometimes they stop working when they get wet, water certainly gets in around the light fitting on mine :shock: