sensors

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
bubble
New

sensors

Post by bubble »

hi everyone
ive got a vw polo estate 1.6 year 2000 w plate and im a woman so untill my other half can tell you better on the problem i will try to tell you myself
1st when cold it cuts out when parking,reversing or even at a junction unless you give it a little revs and a handbrake start...
2nd when you are driving its fine
i have been told that it could be one of three sensors could anyone help as its being a total pain in my ass and does anyone know how much these sensors are and if they are easy to fit ive had this car since november 05 as i always wanted a polo and traded my toyota surf in for one of these babys overall its a cracking family car please help
kerry
bubble
New

Post by bubble »

just took it to be looked at today and it seems that the computer says its the throttle control valve thats causing the problem and i nearly fainted when i got the price for the part it was £302+vat total including labour +vat is £401.85p anyone know of any cheaper places
The_phat_controlleruk
Silver Member

Post by The_phat_controlleruk »

I was quoted a brand new one from euro car parts (www.eurocarparts.co.uk), it was about £200.00 in all. My car suffered from the same problem, VW dealer told me the throttle body had gone, they would kindly replace it for £580.00, and the best bit, no guarantee that a new one would fix the problem.
bubble
New

Post by bubble »

thanks its seems a lot better my better half cleaned it out and it seems to run a bit better doesnt seem to cut out but it is running just got to save a little then i can have it done
cheers