:-) techno joy

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

:-) techno joy

Post by Tahrey1043 »

I'll let the picture do the talking. Besides, it wants to restart itself sometime in the next three minutes due to some kind of automatic update gubbins. Time to start learning windows XP... :-/

Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Wicked! 8)

What did you go for in the end?
warrmr
Silver Member

Post by warrmr »

lol threads been up nearly 24 hours and only one reply and 55 views lol. looks like no one cares :P

i guess your loving the techy new pda when you gonna start modding it lol .
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

Wow! Tablet PC? With the whole swivelling-and-twisting-monitor thing?

Cool... What model is it? C'mon, cough up the full spec.

(and BTW I can't think of someone who'd enjoy a tablet PC more than Tahrey, given his taste for freehand Windows Paint drawings...)
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

warrmr wrote:lol threads been up nearly 24 hours and only one reply and 55 views lol. looks like no one cares :P
Not true at all - we're all propellerheads as well as gearheads here :P or we wouldn't spend so much time online... Hehehehehe
pettsy

Post by pettsy »

i just found this rather amusing :lol:

warrmr
Silver Member

Post by warrmr »

Babe RuthLess wrote:
warrmr wrote:lol threads been up nearly 24 hours and only one reply and 55 views lol. looks like no one cares :P
Not true at all - we're all propellerheads as well as gearheads here :P or we wouldn't spend so much time online... Hehehehehe
yeah thats what the seccond line was all about the when you gonna mod it lol
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

Heh, never mind, guess we got ourselves a new troll there.

It's a HP (or possibly compaq, depending which sticker you believe) TC4200. Very nice little device, actually, though it did set me back over 8 big ones. Got a few little idiosyncracies, but I can live with them for now as it's helping me work a little smarter and harder without continual hardware cockups or lengthy recharges. I'll mess with it properly once all the academia's out of the way. XP *is* as big a resource hog as i suspected, but its not actually so bad thanks to the powerful hardware, and there seems to be ways to streamline it quite well - when i get the chance. Plus it does bring several benefits, i must concede (easy HW setup; good power management; pendrive ubiquity; reliable hibernation; handwriting recognition etc)

Must remember to keep the wireless internet turned off though - it's just too big a distraction :)