F***ING Breakers

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
alexb
Bronze Member

F***ING Breakers

Post by alexb »

Sorry about the nature of this because im not really a negative poster. I was after a small part for my polo. Pretty easy i thouhgt - £40 through dealers - £20 through breakers - sorted! or so i thought!

Called one up approx a month and a half ago after much searching - they had one - agreed price - two days later - they dont have one anymore!??? Thought OK never mind ill find another

Found another breaker who i ordered it off - sorted - seemed like a good company to go with etc and guys seemed sound - 2 weeks pass - nothing. Text the guy, said it had been sent etc etc etc. Waited another few days - nothing. So text again - and to be fair to the guy, quality guy, he said hed send the part and refund my money as i had gone thoruhg so much crap to get it - couldnt fault that i thought - sat here today month on from when the part was originally sent - NOTHING!

Also i have emailed the guy thorugh his website - text him approx 10 times in the last 2 days (with 1 reply), rung him - i have chased this thing beyond belief - now im looking at "why the fu*k diodnt i just go to the dealers - well worth the extra 20 notes!!!

What i cant figure out even more is that the part was apparently sent in one package - and my original cheque sent the day after in another package - but neither have turned up!!!! :shock:

RANT OFF (for now) :evil:

Here is something to lighten the mood

Alex
ooo
TERENCE
Getting There!

Post by TERENCE »

gary coleman!! that dude cracks me up!!

sorry to hear about your breaking troubles by the way......
Mk2Adam
Platinum Member

Post by Mk2Adam »

Whatcha Talkin bout Alex??? :lol:

i havn't used breakers much but in my experience i've had 1 send me the wrong part, or just didn't have the parts i've wanted.

bit of a pain as mines an older car so there are times when you have no choice, but thank god for GSF/euro car parts as i don't wanna pay dealers prices either :)
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

I find breakers are all well and good... IF you're there in person, so they're not screwing over / largely ignoring someone on the other end of a phone / t'internet / mail order, but have to take that bigger step to being actively unpleasant to a guy standing in front of them who may well kick their ass, summon a posse or call the law and now knows their face.

Going to breakers yards to get stuff .... pretty good and can solve otherwise fairly intractible problems for a fair price (e.g. getting hold of 5-speed box topmount)... even on one occasion let me borrow tools and the frighteningly large arms of their crane driver.

Ordering stuff from them remotely .... totally sh*te.
...and here's where I have to avoid being bitter about <name of yard concealed unless someone specifically asks me>, retard scrapyardeers of Morcombe, who took my £120 all too readily in exchange for a insanely badly packed (cardboard box!!!), obviously knackered (oil leaking everywhere) gearbox of the wrong code, devoid of the necessary mount and linkage that had been promised as pack-in items. Then were willfully obstructive, and tried to charge me for a second round of (supposedly insured, hmm) carriage without refunding my original payment when i wanted to send things back, only cowing down when I got fire inside me and started threatening legal action and chucking chapter-and-verse consumer law at them. Pricks. (whoops, failed, never mind)

Oh, and they delivered it to my home address when the car had already been left at the garage for a booked appointment to have the thing sorted out in conjunction with the clutch, as it was worn to a sliver - may as well change the box completely if it's coming off. Delivered late enough that the job couldn't have been done on the booked day anyhow even if it had gone to the right place, despite a morning delivery to the garage having been assured.

On all other occasions either the availability or the pricing of parts has been comical - e.g. things that should either be common as muck not being available (navy blue doors, anyone? what, do ALL navy mk3s die by being T-boned on the passenger side?), or simple things fetching a higher-than-brand-new-retail price. And that's from the online breaker-link "lowest price finder" service that surveys the entire country.

stick to the boards, discount retailers (e.g. GSF) and scrappies you can easily get to without taking a day off for it.