which mods?

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
camone
New

which mods?

Post by camone »

thanks for the info bout my carb in the last topic thread.
Im not sure if i want to chang e the filter to a bolt on or just change the filter element.
What other mods could i do to the engine? bearing in mind its a 1.05lt??
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

well thats a very common question and unfortunatly its much too broard to be answered acuratly so could you please tell us what you want from your car, top end, speed off the lights etc. i can how ever tell you that a 1.0L is never going to be a GTI chaser without a LOT work
hardhitter

Post by hardhitter »

To be honest mate, there is very little point in modifying the 1.05 AAU Polo engine because wont see much improvement. You are a lot better off swapping the 1.05 engine for a 1.3 engine if you are looking for more power.

There are 3 differnt 1.3 engines you can fit straight in to the Mk 3 depending how much power you want.

First is the 1.3 single point injection AAV engine, which is basically the same as yours but 1.3, the std power output is 55 bhp.

The next option is the 1.3 GT multi-point injection 3F engine, this has a higher compression and pushes out 75 bhp as std. There are quite a few mods you can do to this engine to get around 85-95 bhp out of it.

The most powerful is the 1.3 G40 supercharged multi-point PY engine, which puts out around 113 bhp as std. There is lots of tuning potential in this engine.

Bear in mind that fitting a more powerful engine could mean other parts like suspension and brakes need upgrading.

HTH