Rev Limited Rotor Arm?(MK2)

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
hypojam
Bronze Member

Rev Limited Rotor Arm?(MK2)

Post by hypojam »

Where are these sold?

I dont like the fact the car has no rev limiter :?
ste mk1lx
Silver Member

Post by ste mk1lx »

gsf or euro car parts should sell them, failing that a local motor factors, should be around the £10 mark, hence why they get non rev limiter replacements
Polo Paul
Silver Member

Post by Polo Paul »

Lol if youve been near the point of needing the limiter you've probably been going too fast anyway :) When i had my mk2 i was an idiot with it, used to drag race my friends (all 1.0 1.1l cars and i never lost) and go through each gear to the point it stopped accelerating and the dash lights began to glow (never forget that) however the car was always fine always started never died and always ran smooth. Mind you i religously serviced it and it was quite low milage.
Gareth_GT_Hatch
Platinum Member

Post by Gareth_GT_Hatch »

They cost more money than normal ones (alot more) I take it youve not got a rev counter with it being a formel E? You should however still have the red markers for indicated gear changes. IIRC theres only 1st and 2nd on the formel E dial (off the clock in 3rd. :D ) So its best to stay below those, although I find that theyre qute conservative. (usually set at about 5000rpm)
Gareth_GT_Hatch
Platinum Member

Post by Gareth_GT_Hatch »

this pic might help you understand what i mean:

hypojam
Bronze Member

Post by hypojam »

Here's Mine 8)

I rarely go above the red line markers because there isn't really any speed advantage to do so, Also I'm trying to save on fuel and i don't want to cause the engine any potential harm...

Guess i will just stick with the unrestricted rotor arm :P
omicron
Gold Member

Post by omicron »

I seem to remember the rotor arms with the limitter on, when they work, don't cut in until a crazy-high number of rpm (8000 springs to mind, but I don't know how accurate that is).
tupac2makaveli71
Silver Member

Post by tupac2makaveli71 »

99.9 mpg :shock:
k4lps
Bronze Member

Post by k4lps »

Polo Paul wrote:Lol if youve been near the point of needing the limiter you've probably been going too fast anyway :) When i had my mk2 i was an idiot with it, used to drag race my friends (all 1.0 1.1l cars and i never lost) and go through each gear to the point it stopped accelerating and the dash lights began to glow (never forget that) however the car was always fine always started never died and always ran smooth. Mind you i religously serviced it and it was quite low milage.
did that have a limiter? thats not bad a shift light for a tenner :D