Car insurance prices going up

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
neilw
Gold Member

Car insurance prices going up

Post by neilw »

Just herd on the Radio norwich union are putting up insurance prices by 16% and upto 40% for young drivers.

Apparently its to pay for uninsured drivers and Personal Injury claims.
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

Also be careful as A LOT of insurance policies are under-written by Norwich Union even if your not directly insured with them - thankfully i fall under neither with the RAC.
neilw
Gold Member

Post by neilw »

Yeh. I think mine is Ensure through adrain flux. Im sure it'll have a knock on effect throught the whole insurance business
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

pisses me off that people who pay for our insurance like us have to pay for the w**k that don't - bring back the death penalty....

No doubt these increases will cause even more people not paying for insurance.
Dee-vub
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Dee-vub »

yeh i heard that on the radio this morning!! F*ckin con artists! There is no way they need to bump the premiums up. They make millions gross profit as it is!!!!

I'm with norwhich union, and i am gona be with them next year because i went with there 9 months fast track bonus scheme to get my 2nd yrs NCB. was always planning on getting that 2nd yr NCB , staying with them for another year(as most other companies wouldn't take it as 2 full yrs) and then moving on to another company with 3 yrs NCB.

I'm gonna be so f*cked off if my insurance next time is MORE expensive than it is now!! I so regret going with NU cos they are s**t to deal with and iv heard crap stories about them. I only went with them due to the deal they were offering me at the time!! F*ckin arseholes!
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

I guess it was inevitable really, premiums have been creeping up for a while... I can imagine it will make insuring modified cars even more difficult, I tried a quote from Norwich Union and they wanted silly money after I submitted the obligatory "modified vehicle report" :roll:

Uninsured drivers... :x
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

Luckily I'm with Elephant who is part of the Admiral Group.

I'm paying enough as it is!
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

I've switched to Brentacre as of yesterday :D who have insured me with Highways IIRC.
DubGTI
Bronze Member

Post by DubGTI »

Dee-vub wrote: I'm with norwhich union, and i am gona be with them next year because i went with there 9 months fast track bonus scheme to get my 2nd yrs NCB. was always planning on getting that 2nd yr NCB , staying with them for another year(as most other companies wouldn't take it as 2 full yrs) and then moving on to another company with 3 yrs NCB.
If youve had a Renewal Quote sent to you, it will have your NCB written on it, this is proof of NCB.

Only gets tricky when the years youve been driving doesnt add up to the NCB youve got, but there are still companies that will accept it.
Mk2Adam
Platinum Member

Post by Mk2Adam »

great time to buy a G40 :lol: :roll:
Dee-vub
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Dee-vub »

Mk2Adam wrote:great time to buy a G40 :lol: :roll:
Hell yeh!! i'd love a G40 but i am only a student and earn a measly £400 a month at the moment so a second car is definitely at the back of my mind. 3 years time id like to have a G40 by my side as a 2nd car/project!
Tigz
Gold Member

Re: Car insurance prices going up

Post by Tigz »

neilw wrote:Apparently its to pay for uninsured drivers and Personal Injury claims.
Yes I'm sure it is :x
polo_mint
New

Post by polo_mint »

That's so annoying!!! Good job my insurance isn't due till July! :P
James14100
Bronze Member

Post by James14100 »

Just about to insure my G40 been quoted £830 which i expected - my 1.9D 6N is just up for renewal too and thats come in at £343 so lower than last year (£540)

Dont really want to pay more for insurance though :(