remote start

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
nickpolo
Gold Member

remote start

Post by nickpolo »

Hi Guys,

would like to fit this to my GTi so i can let her warm up o a cold morning before i leave the house, will it work with the factory alarm etc? how oes it keep the doors locked if it has to disarm the alarm and imobiliser? anyone know?

thanks

nick
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

What you want is the system that Ambulance and Police Cars use, you start the car with the key, press a button inside, take the key out (the engine stays running) then shut the door.

If someone got in and tried to drive away the car would cut off because the key isn't in 8)
nickpolo
Gold Member

Post by nickpolo »

no - i'm REALLY lazy, i wanna be able to start it from my window without going outside!!

please tell me this is possible!!
Reeyad
Silver Member

Post by Reeyad »

nickpolo wrote:no - i'm REALLY lazy, i wanna be able to start it from my window without going outside!!

please tell me this is possible!!
yes it is with a clifford concept alarm, do some googling you find loads of links.
Randall
Gold Member

Post by Randall »

Yeah this can be part of Clifford Concept Package, I took the blackbox with mine - can be annoying sometimes i must admit :? maybe i should mine over for a remote start :wink:
mk5 polo
Bronze Member

Post by mk5 polo »

yo, I can vouch for it! You've gotta get it, it is so sweet, stepping of your warm house and into your warm car in the morning is so sweet. Your all nice and warm with all your windows clear when everyone else is wearing their jackets and rubbing there windows or using lighters to open there doors. dude.
Dee-vub
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Dee-vub »

sounds pretty awesome, how much is the clifford with the remote start??
mk4 glx 1.6
Gold Member

Post by mk4 glx 1.6 »

mk5 polo wrote:You've gotta get it, it is so sweet, stepping of your warm house and into your warm car in the morning is so sweet. Your all nice and warm with all your windows clear when everyone else is wearing their jackets and rubbing there windows or using lighters to open there doors.
Alternatively, save yourself XXX amount of pounds and park your car in the garage overnight for the same effect !

Personally, i don't think I could fully relax using a remote start, even if my car is in a locked garage.
mk5 polo
Bronze Member

Post by mk5 polo »

Hy man, it was a £150 option on top of the cat1 alarm I got, think the cheapest alarm was about 200 to 250 so that would be about 350 all in.

I paid 550 all in for the 1 i got, concept650 with dual zone senors which actually don't work too well with tinted windows, saying that i might take it back and complain as they didn't tell me the sensors would be affected by the tinted film which was already on the car before the install (company name was V-TECH)!

You can also get inteli windows where you can control you windows with the remote if you really want to pimp your ride for an extra £200 on top.

Later dude.,