few questions

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
jmv
Bronze Member

few questions

Post by jmv »

Firstly is there a widearch kit available for the polo 9n/9n3? i am looking for something that looks similar to the dahlback polo kit.

Is the 1.6 engine in the new 9n3 the same as in the 6n2 gti??

has any on eput any after market seats in their 9n/9n3? i hate the seats in mine (non height adjustable) and am looking for something more modern/sporty.

Thanks alot

Joe
xx_loopy_xx
Silver Member

Post by xx_loopy_xx »

i might at some point be selling my Sport Seats, which are height adjustable :) Putting some Corbeau GT's in mine :D:D
jmv
Bronze Member

Post by jmv »

yea i would definately be interested.

how will you put corbeau seats in the polo though? with them having side airbags this will make the airbag light come on and none of the airbags would detinate?
M7
Gold Member

Post by M7 »

if you change for seats that dont have airbags, eg bucket seats
you will have to just leave the plugs under the seats not clipped onto anything
you will have an airbag light on though. when i had buckets in mine i just left the light on
then i put the standard seats back in and ued the vag machine to programme the light off

as for fitting them, i got custom builds done, bolting the seats to the original runners
im swapping my seats over tomorrow hopefully so i'l let you know how that goes
jmv
Bronze Member

Post by jmv »

would it be possible to re-map the airbag unit into thinking that the seatbags are connected and therefore switching the lights off?

or just to get a module from a polo 1.2E (no side bags) and then change the seats??

my light is on at the moment due to a faulty pre-tensioner!!!!!!!!!