Traffic

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
1litreheater
Silver Member

Traffic

Post by 1litreheater »

What a sh*t journey home i have just had, it took me 2 hours 15 minutes to do a 20 minute journey.

It included

lots of people who dont know how to drive
lots of not letting in (some on my behalf)
lots of swearing (all in my behalf)
lots of closed roads due to fallen objects

Isnt weather a b***h sometimes, wind is now my new enemy !!! :evil:
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

What I always find amusing is the fact people seem to get taken by surprise that in winter you tend to get bad weather.
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

It's been a pretty good winter I think... we had a little fog a while back and now we have some wind... shame there's no snow.

Winds are pretty strong tho... anyone else find their cars rocking? or is it just mine...
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

Yep, felt like a few fat men were pushing mine from every angle!
LiverpoloGTi
Bronze Member

Post by LiverpoloGTi »

this caused a massive bottleneck on the roads near me today..

DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

jees!!! was anyone hurt do ya know??
the wind was making my car rock today aswell!!

whilst on the roads tho i did spot 2 silver polo gtis within 2 minutes!! one standard and the other had after market alloys! couldn't flier them tho as the wind may have taken them away!!
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

glad it's not just me going coo-coo in my old age

Damn I would not be happy if that was my car in that pic lol... would insurance even cover against natural disasters?
LiverpoloGTi
Bronze Member

Post by LiverpoloGTi »

Both the driver and 2 passengers were completely fine. Very lucky that they were accelerating to go through the lights rather than braking toward them. :shock:
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Well its been extremely windy here today just like many parts of the country. Dad came within less than a minute of being hit on the head by a tile from off the house roof (it fell off about 20 seconds after he left the spot it hit in the back yard). A colleague of mine had to take a diversion after the road from Shrewsbury to Baschurch was closed due to the felling of a 200-year-old cedar tree. Most motorways today have had parts closed due to high crosswinds, limiting our ability to respond to call-outs...

I've been sat in the office all day today drinking tea and marvelling at the developing news stories tbh. What a day!!

On my way to work though the car was rocking about a bit when at standstill - can tell I have stiffer springs fitted as it doesn't rock very much any more :lol:

Take care out there people!!
Silky V
Gold Member

Post by Silky V »

The brick wall of my parents' other house collapsed yesterday onto two cars because of the wind. Its amazing how much damage the wind can do. The wall had dented the hell out of both cars.
omicron
Gold Member

Post by omicron »

Gra-GT
Gold Member

Post by Gra-GT »

Well I had to go up to Warrington yesterday for a meeting. Not a problem getting up there (although it was scary with the winds rocking the car - not my car though 4 of us went up in someone elses Almera).

It was coming home that was the trouble. Its about 80 miles back to Telford and can be done in about 1 hour 20. It took us an hour to get down 1 junction, cuz we had to go through Warrington Centre cus a lorry had over turned on the motorway. Once we were back on the Motorway it was fine, although we did see 2 lorries over turned on the Northbound carriageway, so glad we werent going North :roll: . There was another lorry overturned on our carriage way 2 junctions before we were due to come off, so we had divert down some dodgy country lanes, luckly no trees had fallen over.

Oh Yeah, when we got back to the office we saw some tiles had come off the roof and smacked into 3 cars parked out side. Nasty dents on em. The owners were not happy at all :cry: Just spoke to the owner of one, she took car for estimate today and they reckon its a total resplay, as it caught quite a few body panels
1litreheater
Silver Member

Post by 1litreheater »

To redline, the wind has nothing to do with it being winter chap,Britain has had winds of 80 mph in all seasons !

Snow i like, rain i dont mind, cold weather i just wrap up warm. Wind is annoying !
polo power
Gold Member

Post by polo power »

wind was also blowing my car about to lol