Lowering

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
HB9n
New

Lowering

Post by HB9n »

right, got a few questions bout lowering. Basically will this drop the price of my car if need to sell it? A few of my m8es have lowered there cars and bin quoted next to nothing when they come to sell.

And then thers a speed bump issue, where I go to college there are pretty dodgy speed bumps, How much should I lower my car by? Yes I can park in an other area but its hassle. N just wanted to no if anyone else has had any problems with speedbumps.

Cheers
jmv
Bronze Member

Re: Lowering

Post by jmv »

HB9n wrote:right, got a few questions bout lowering. Basically will this drop the price of my car if need to sell it? A few of my m8es have lowered there cars and bin quoted next to nothing when they come to sell.

And then thers a speed bump issue, where I go to college there are pretty dodgy speed bumps, How much should I lower my car by? Yes I can park in an other area but its hassle. N just wanted to no if anyone else has had any problems with speedbumps.

Cheers
i have just lowered my car today. it wont devalue your car as such, with the right buyer you shoudnt loose money. just dont expect to make the money back from the suspension.

well depending on the gap between your bumper and the speedbump, this will be a good basis for lowering your car.
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

just turn it back to standard when selling :idea:

any new pix jmv? :lol:
jmv
Bronze Member

Post by jmv »

i will do tomorrow when my car is clean, its raining here!!! :x
xx_loopy_xx
Silver Member

Post by xx_loopy_xx »

Yeah just keep all the standard parts for when you come to sell it then sell the suspension separate on like here or ebay.

Speed bumps are evil.... especially to my lower strut brace :x
AKs_SlickPolo
Gold Member

Post by AKs_SlickPolo »

Just change it back to standard suspension when it comes to selling time.

But even then, as long as you have it fitted properly and have it lowered using a proper kit, it won't effect the value of a car!

In my opinion, I would be put off if someone was selling a car that has lowering springs on standard shocks. However, a proper lowering kit would be a bonus 8)