WATER ?

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
polomintyfox
New

WATER ?

Post by polomintyfox »

:? OK WELL Today i noticed a big puddle of water behind the drivers seat of my car. a chap at work sed it was waaaay too much to be condensation and as it has been raining quite heavily the past few days the issue of a roof leak seemed probable. however the roof is a light cream colour and no stains are on it. My boss sed it could be a window or door leak or maybe a corroded wheel arch. the door seems ok tho and its been up on the ramps at work and nothin seems to be up :? . Either that or i peed miself without knowing haha. :?: :!: soz if this has already been discussed in another topic anyway. cheerz

--------------kev---------------
dragon_green
Gold Member

Post by dragon_green »

maybe do a search? might make your (and everyone else's) life easier?
Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

Does your rear washer work? If this is the problem its normally the passenger side but worth a shot.
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

door seal perhaps?
Chally_Rai
Sponsor

Post by Chally_Rai »

Mine used to do this, realised that water was collecting in the door seal cuz my door isnt as sealed as it should be on the drivers side (the metal sticks out slightly) and then running down and collectiong behind my seat, quite a lot actually. I now slam my door and it seems to have stopped! Its less windy too :wink:

Although my rear washer has stopped working i think that was after the rain problem.....what would that have to do with it? Ive been meaning to look at why its not. :?
SteveB
Silver Member

Post by SteveB »

Today must be a bad day for Polos and water. When parking up today after getting home from work I spotted a small amount of water (about 5cm across) on my passenger side mat. It had collected on the seal then trickled in. We did have a lot of heavy rain today so I guess thats why I've not seen it before.

So I took off my doorcard but couldn't see/feel any water behind it. Although there was some on the bottom of the door :? We'll see if it rains heavy again soon.
gavdub
New

Post by gavdub »

mine does it every time we get heavy rain. ive tried every thing to stop it but it always seems to trickle in over the door seal. does my head in all the time so if you manage to sort it out bang a message up on the forum
SteveB
Silver Member

Post by SteveB »

gavdub wrote:...if you manage to sort it out bang a message up on the forum
Will do. Isn't very bad so I think it'll be ok for the summer. Maybe a new door seal would help.
willriseley
Silver Member

Post by willriseley »

hey guys pull off the xcuttle cover and check for leaves in there if it fills up (which they do) the water gets pulled thro the fan system and strait into the floor
SteveB
Silver Member

Post by SteveB »

willriseley wrote:hey guys pull off the xcuttle cover and check for leaves in there if it fills up (which they do) the water gets pulled thro the fan system and strait into the floor
Mine definately wasn't coming from there, but its always good to check and clean it out anyway!
dragon_green
Gold Member

Post by dragon_green »

my mate had a similar problem with his g60 rallye over the winter. we took out the interior (seats, carpets, doorcards, headlining, pillar trims) and then poured water over the car. you can find leaks pretty quickly that way.