electric windows working on there own ?!?!?!?

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
deejon
New

electric windows working on there own ?!?!?!?

Post by deejon »

gooday all im a newbie to the polo scene, ive just brought the missus a 52 plate polo sdi . we woke up this mornin to the windows wide open, not a good thing when it was raining all night !!! the doors were still locked and luckily the stereo was still there .but last night it was all locked up windows shut and everything, just wondering if anyone had ever had this problem or know for any reason why it would happen ? thanks Deejon
M7
Gold Member

Post by M7 »

thats called total closure.
im guessing you have remote central locking?

if you hold down unlock for a number of seconds the electric windows will drop. then if you hold lock for a number of seconds the windows will close.
same thing also happens when putting the key into the door lock, twisting and holding.
pretty stupid idea on vw's as all it takes is a theif to know this and ram a screwdriver in the lock and twist
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

M7 wrote:thats called total closure.

if you hold down unlock for a number of seconds the electric windows will drop. then if you hold lock for a number of seconds the windows will close.
same thing also happens when putting the key into the door lock, twisting and holding.
pretty stupid idea on vw's as all it takes is a theif to know this and ram a screwdriver in the lock and twist
I wish mine did it on the remote!

Although this doesn't help with your question!
mjmills
Bronze Member

Post by mjmills »

can you not vag-com it?
vwpolo16v
Bronze Member

Post by vwpolo16v »

M7 wrote:thats called total closure.

Total closure from a remote NOT a feature on UK polos. I wish it was.
You cannot change it with the VAG-COM software either. I have one and already looked into it. In fact, I belive my Polo is a European Import and so believe it is not a feature on any Polos. It can be done -- only by hacking the ECU. There are products you can buy to do this.

Deejon, it is not a common problem. But clearly something caused the windows to open. Of course no disrespect to the missus, but could she have forgotten to close them ? :lol:
mjmills
Bronze Member

Post by mjmills »

interesting, i had a 9n3 as a courtesy car that did have total-closure, and as ponited out had the brilliant feature of putting the key in the door and turning back opens all of the windows! security! So it must have been added to the 9n3 (this was a car supplied in the UK, by the nice people at a VW dealership in Ipswich).
deejon
New

Post by deejon »

i checked the car today and it doesnt have the remote but when you use the key it does have total-closure including the great idea of turn the key back and hold it to open the windows and the car started life as a vw demo so was supplied here in the uk. oh and it was me who locked it the night it got wet so all blames being laid onto me !! lol
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

mjmills wrote:interesting, i had a 9n3 as a courtesy car that did have total-closure, and as ponited out had the brilliant feature of putting the key in the door and turning back opens all of the windows! security! So it must have been added to the 9n3 (this was a car supplied in the UK, by the nice people at a VW dealership in Ipswich).
Most if not all 9n's do the door trick but he was talking about doing it via the key fob
mc_iver_9n
Gold Member

Post by mc_iver_9n »

Mine doesn't. I got workout windows.
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

Sorry should have said - 9n's with electric windows
chrisash32
Gold Member

Post by chrisash32 »

i still cant believe VW sold the 9n with keep fit windows, i didnt think anyone sold cars with them any more!
mjmills
Bronze Member

Post by mjmills »

i like having winding windows, its retro chic
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

The old BMW 3 series has wind up windows in the back on the bog standard models.

BMW are utterly useless when it comes to how much stuff is optional.

wind up windows in a 22k car. pathetic!