EPC Light - 11th Vist it VW

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
chrisash32
Gold Member

EPC Light - 11th Vist it VW

Post by chrisash32 »

Hi guys,
My M8s GF has a 2004 Polo 1.2
She has had loads and loads of probs with the car (well the same prob just loads of times)

Its now on its 11th vist it VW and i thought i might ask on here if anyone else had any ideas, as VW dont.

What happens is, you can be driving the car just fine, then the EPC lights comes on, the car will slow down and not let you go over 20mph.

You can turn the eng off and start it again to fix the problem, but it will only fix it for a few miles.
It will not fix fully then until VW put it on the PC and reset the fault.
They have done loads to try and find the fault, replaced the ECU, looms here there and everywhere and it just keeps coming back.

Now 11 visits i think its a bit excessive, they have said now that they really really dont know whats up with it.

So i thought i would post on here for her to see if you have any ideas???

Thanks!!!

Chris!!!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Have they been told, by the garage exactly what faults are being logged - anything that causes the EPC indicator to switch on should be held in the car's memory until cleared by the garage.
Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

Could it possibly be the Lambda probe?

I know a lot of the MK5 guys have problems with their EPC lights when the Lambda is faulty and after replacement, and the light would stay on regardless.

Dan's (Dandiesel's) gf was having problems with her Mk4, and apparently ran a bit dodgy while in Tonbridge town centre, before the Expo on Sunday.

http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/v ... ght=lambda

Or has it been replaced already?
RichardBW
Getting There!

Post by RichardBW »

Cam position sensor is a common problem but I am sure they knew that too and changed this before they got as far as an ecu swap????

Generally poor electrical connections can also cause things like this. I know it sounds unlikely on such a new car but it happens as the fault triggers are so sensitive sometimes and just a little resistance will cause the problem.

11 visits is a bit of a joke though?
chrisash32
Gold Member

Post by chrisash32 »

RichardBW wrote: 11 visits is a bit of a joke though?
i agree, looks after a meeting with vw yesterday, they are going to swap the car for a new one.
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

chrisash32 wrote:
RichardBW wrote: 11 visits is a bit of a joke though?
i agree, looks after a meeting with vw yesterday, they are going to swap the car for a new one.
I was going to say, surely this is time for a new car! how much time has that taken out of your lives?!