mk5 rears **HELP**

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
dannyboi
Bronze Member

mk5 rears **HELP**

Post by dannyboi »

i have posted this in the guide topic but it wont get scene in there so i thought i would post in here, hopefully will get help quicker....

i have follwed the guide done exactly everything it says ..... i have managed to get the indicators and main lights working inc. fog but the brake light and reverse light wont come on :@:@:@

does anybody have any ideas y this is or can help me solve this ? i can get pics of how i have wired it up if needed .

cheers
Robi mk4
Getting There!

Post by Robi mk4 »

if you want ill look at mine later n post up the exact wires i switched around, i kno that for the driverside you have to slice off the 2 little lumps on the clip in wire holder so you can turn it round, so basically there is 2 lil lumps on one side to go into 2 indents in the bulb holders slice these off and turn it so where the lumps used to b are on the other side to the indents in the bulb holders, then its a case of swapping 2 wires each side i believe, as i said if you like ill look later n tell you?
dannyboi
Bronze Member

Post by dannyboi »

yer i done that fella , thats what i mena i have done absoultely everything that the guide says and it still aint working
polo_dude
Gold Member

Post by polo_dude »

i'm not tryna be stupid hw bout the bulbs any blown?? :wink: ..could be why :? ..i'm not entirely sure. shoud i be worrying as i'm goin to fit mines 2morrow :shock: ..i'll get bck to you once i've done mines.
The_phat_controlleruk
Silver Member

Post by The_phat_controlleruk »

I used this when I did mine, very good guide. http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/v ... mk5+lights
The_phat_controlleruk
Silver Member

Post by The_phat_controlleruk »

Sorry, just realised you've used it already. I would check the bulbs, make sure the wiring is not loose and has a firm connection..
R1CH
Platinum Member

Post by R1CH »

fuses?? bulbs??
polo_dude
Gold Member

Post by polo_dude »

fixed my lights y-day and they seem to be working pretty fine
id fout id give u a check list on what u have done for both sdies [only the wiring]

[[LHS light]]

have you ..
swapped wires 1 and 2 ??.....yes /no

[[RHS light]]

have u choped of both lugs on the plug??...yes/no
have u swappd wires 4 and 5 ??...yes/no
when pluging into bulbholders did u turn the plug around so the chooped lugs are facing the oppiste way from the 2 indents??..yes/no

thats pretty much it for the wiring concept of mrk 5 rears

awnser the questions and we can probally try and solve your problem.well i hope :D