Swapsies: stainless steel exhaust (powerflow)

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Si_GTi

Swapsies: stainless steel exhaust (powerflow)

Post by Si_GTi »

FAO fellow 6n2 GTi owners...

I am putting my car back to standard in order to sell and one of the things I would like to do is change the exhaust back to a standard one. I currently have a cat-back stainless steel Powerflow exhaust fitted with a hidden tailpipe that sits in the factory position behind the rear bumper.

It is 18 months old and in good condition, no holes no damage. The system was fitted by Unique Exhausts in Stafford in February of 2006 and I have all of the receipts and warranty information. The system cost me £210 fitted.

Built to an exact specification it is a 50mm diameter system which is only slightly louder in volume and a little deeper in tone than the OEM exhaust. It gives a nice burble on idle and combined with my BMC induction kit makes a lovely sound when on full throttle.

I want to make a straight swap with a fellow GTi owner, your standard exhaust for my Powerflow exhaust. This means I am looking for someone fairly local (or willing to travel) to do a deal with. It also means we would need to locate a willing garage to undertake the work for a few pounds (which I will cover, depending on final cost).

Please post your interest! I will update this thread with some pictures shortly...

This thread is also posted in the Club Polo "For Sale" section as there is no dedicated Polo GTi forum there.

Cheers
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

How would you rate performance with it Si, any rolling road charts?
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Only one rolling road chart Mouse, from last January's CP rolling road day. The car made 114.6bhp BUT this was traced to a dead cam speed sensor.

I had a fellow GTi owner take a passenger ride with me a few weeks back, she said that the system sounds almost exactly like standard but seems to pick up a bit more above 5k revs (but this can also be attributed to the air filter) and sounds louder at that point also (she has a BMC and standard exhaust).

Cheers
JPR_polo_gti
Silver Member

Post by JPR_polo_gti »

first dibs, I wouldn't mind driving up from Cardiff.
does it matter that mine is a 5 door?
womble68
Bronze Member

Post by womble68 »

I'm in Chester, would definitely be up for this. If you wanted to do it let me know :D
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

JPR_polo_gti wrote:first dibs, I wouldn't mind driving up from Cardiff.
does it matter that mine is a 5 door?
It should make no difference at all that your car is a 5-door. I'll get in touch with a few garages here and see what the cost is like (won't be much) to do the swap and then we can arrange a suitable time?

Womble, I will keep you in mind if JPR can't make it.

Cheers
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Re pictures of the system and video too, try this link to the original thread when I had it fitted :wink:
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Si_GTi wrote:Re pictures of the system and video too, try this link to the original thread when I had it fitted :wink:
ah dammit its doesnt work!!!
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

what doesn't work? The link works fine?
Ry`
Getting There!

Post by Ry` »

I'd swap you mine, but its got a hole in it, thus me needing to get a new exhaust.

Si, could you please give me a break down of what you exactly got from powerflow?
Sharp GTi
New

Post by Sharp GTi »

I`m up for the swap. Mines a standard setup and is in good nick as far as I know as I havent had any reason to look at it. It past the MOT inspection not long ago.
I`m in Manchester and willing to drive.
MaxZ
Platinum Member

Post by MaxZ »

Si, just thought you should know that the 5-door mk5s are actually longer than the 3-doors, so it's quite possible that their exhaust is longer than the powerflow you have.
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

MaxZ wrote:Si, just thought you should know that the 5-door mk5s are actually longer than the 3-doors, so it's quite possible that their exhaust is longer than the powerflow you have.
Oh right! Didn't know that! Better make it a 3-door owner that I swap with then, I have someone in mind who has PMed me :D
womble68
Bronze Member

Post by womble68 »

Mine is a 3 Door.
Sharp GTi
New

Post by Sharp GTi »

Mines a 3 door also