6N2 Electric F*****g Windows Arghhhh !!

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
Omz_6N2
Getting There!

6N2 Electric F*****g Windows Arghhhh !!

Post by Omz_6N2 »

This is doing my head in......Im not very mechanicaly minded but ill give anything a go as i did with my windows.

My passenger side window stopped working on me so i took the door card off had a look at what it could be, When i was flicking the switch i could hear the pump clicking but nothing happening, So 1st i change the regulator and have a go and no luck, so i take the regulator back and get a new pump instead, Change the pump and still nothing. What else could it possible be ?? Someone said it might be the fuse but then said Oh if it was the fuse it wouldn't be clicking.

Anyone had this problem and no how to fix it ??

Any help would be great.

Omz
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

You checked the motor? - its possible the door connection isnt very good, so the voltage isnt stable.
Omz_6N2
Getting There!

Post by Omz_6N2 »

Yep i changed the motor but still nothing :S i've taken the whole mechanisim out and their's only a motor and the regulator and they both seem to be fine,Maybe the wirering is the next thing i'm going to have to look at.

Omz
BENNO
Getting There!

Post by BENNO »

Check the wiring in the black tube between the car and door when you have the door open. One of my wires had snapped there so i used a connctor block to solve the problem.
Omz_6N2
Getting There!

Post by Omz_6N2 »

Ok cool ill have to check that when i get home tonight, If not im thinking send it into VW and let them empty my bank account :?
sorted
Gold Member

Post by sorted »

Mine used to click and do all that, but wouldnt go down or up.

Turn out one wire had split between the door and the car. Maybe take the look out the door and check it all (and if poss try it in the other side of the car)

Neil
sorted
Gold Member

Post by sorted »

ps i have a window motor in the garage, passenger side that works.
Omz_6N2
Getting There!

Post by Omz_6N2 »

Hey lads, Finally think i found the problem, Like Benno and Sorted suggested i had a butchers at the wirering between the car and the door and the thick brown wire has split in 2, Im hoping to get a connector on their to link both ends up again and fingers crossed that should sort it.

To think it's something so simple, i went down the route of changing the regulator & motor which is prob what a garage would of told me if i hadn't of known any better and all it is, is a split wire :?

Thanks
Omz