Rolling Road Prep

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Rolling Road Prep

Post by Mouse_GTI »

Hey guys, getting my car rolling roaded in a week for the first time, should be interesting to see how much it is putting out with just the BMC. Any preperations other than checking the BMC connections, tyres pumped up?
oscar olop gti
Silver Member

Post by oscar olop gti »

The only thing i can think of, is give the throttle body a clean up the night before you go to the rolling road. :D
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

how much does it cost to do this?
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

I want to take mine some time. Looking forward to the results, Mouse :)
neale
Bronze Member

Re: Rolling Road Prep

Post by neale »

Hey guys, getting my car rolling roaded in a week for the first time, should be interesting to see how much it is putting out with just the BMC. Any preperations other than checking the BMC connections, tyres pumped up?

Noticed your from aberdeen mouse,where bouts you gettn the polo RR'd is it wallace? only reason i ask is im planning to get my Cupra R RR'd and im from Elgin and wallace performace is the closest to me
Dee-vub

Post by Dee-vub »

Its a shame i wont be putting the polo on the rollers, would have liked to find out exactly what its pushingout, but since the VR6 is going on and me being totally skint, i cant afford to put both cars on lol :(

Neale, yeh it is wallace performance we are going to, i live in bridge of don, so its only 2 mins from my house :D

And tim, i think its usually about 50 quid, but this is an organised event where we are going to be having 20+ runs, so its costing 30 per run
Mouse_GTI

Post by Mouse_GTI »

Yeah you should come along, think it was originally an R32 day but now open to all Dubs 8)
neale
Bronze Member

Post by neale »

Thought it woulde wallace yous were using...fancy gettn a heap of my mates up here and havin a shoot through for a RR day my car will need t be raised i reckon to fit it on the rollers :roll: pretty handy stayin so close wish i was that close lol
Mouse_GTI

Post by Mouse_GTI »

Bepe
Platinum Member

Post by Bepe »

you dont need to touch your tyres mouse, they put your tyres at a cetain psi on the rollers for maximum traction! did mine a few week back
1der
Gold Member

Post by 1der »

could be uip for this i think as its only couple of hours from me in inverness.

just need to get my new brake pads on tomorrow. if get them on i should manage the trip through so il post up tomoro on eastside. you reckon that will be okay with them?
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

oscar olop gti wrote:The only thing i can think of, is give the throttle body a clean up the night before you go to the rolling road. :D
What does cleaning the throttle body do? How is it done, and how do you know if it needs cleaning? :)
Dee-vub

Post by Dee-vub »

1der wrote:could be uip for this i think as its only couple of hours from me in inverness.

just need to get my new brake pads on tomorrow. if get them on i should manage the trip through so il post up tomoro on eastside. you reckon that will be okay with them?
If i was you buddy, i would add your name to the list....cos you might not get a space if you just turn up.
1der
Gold Member

Post by 1der »

name now added to list. :D

be good to see what my results are and compare with mouse
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

CymruPolo wrote: What does cleaning the throttle body do? How is it done, and how do you know if it needs cleaning? :)

Alun, take the cover off the engine,
followed by the airbox, and you'll see it!!!
clean it out using a cloth, then start the car and get someone to rev it.
the butterfly will open, which is when you spray inside using carb cleaner
carb cleaners a bottle you can buy from halfords for bout £6.

http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/v ... &start=210

theres pics there of when mouse did his. Sure theres some more info throughtout the GTi section too though