Kim's Polo 9N Progress Thread - BIG Update 21st Sept - Pg6

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Kim9N
Bronze Member

Kim's Polo 9N Progress Thread - BIG Update 21st Sept - Pg6

Post by Kim9N »

Copied from DubClique.com

It all started when Dan got his Polo Gti, I knew I wanted to get a VW! The build quality and value for money with them is brilliant! So I sold my Saxo (wasn't chav!) and picked up this bargain!

It is a 2002 Polo 9N 1.2, it had done 29,000 miles with full service history and 1 female owner from new!

I only paid £2950 for the car so it was an absaloute steal!

This is how it stood for a couple of months...

I'd always wanted to do a few subtle things and kept watching ebay for ages for the right springs to come up! I didn't want to spend alot on coilovers but didn't want the common 30mm springs.

Eventually these springs came up on ebay...

Here you are bidding on a nearly new pair of Spax 50mm lowering springs for the Volkswagen Polo 9N 2004 MK6. The reason for their sale is genuine and is that i didn't declare it to the insurance company before i put them on and so ended up taking them off because i couldn't quite afford it at the time. However they had only been on my car for a week exactly before they came off again, so they've only had about 100 miles of use.

I won them for £31! Bargain!

Dan fitted them for me last weekend with a mate of his. (Thanks Steve!)

This is how it stood then...
(looks high for some reason, probably because of the driveway being how it is and the handbrake on hard! lol)

On Wednesday I found some wheel's I wanted for her, they were on ebay with a crap advert and no pictures, I took the risk they'd be what I wanted and when I got there I was SO chuffed, there absaloutly immaculate, brilliant tyres and looked sooooooo nice when we tried a couple on!

They are genuine Polo GTi 9n2 alloys 16x7...

Can't wait to get them on the car on xmas day!

My new plates arrived today, im well chuffed with them!

Went out this morning to clean it, remove the badge (some of it!) and fit the plates, unfortunatly it started raining just after we'd finished cleaning so didn't get the plates on, will do that in a bit when its stopped!

The future plans are...

Fit Wheels On Xmas Day!
Bonnet Bra
Badgeless Grill
VW CD Player
&
Get her immaculate!
Last edited by Kim9N on Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Kim9N
Bronze Member

Post by Kim9N »

Well, we have fitted the wheels, removed the rear wiper and fitted my rear german plate!

The front plate is staying off and in the front window until the police tell me different, but im a girl so... :)

We took these pictures at 8 o'clock this morning so didnt get many and they arn't brill but it gives you an idea of how she's looking!

Nothing mega euro but its subtle/sporty and thats what I want!

Futurte plans are...

Bonnet Bra
VW CD Player/Changer
Colour Code (All bump strips & maybe gloss black mirrors)
Votex Kit (if I can find one!)
Kim9N
Bronze Member

Post by Kim9N »

Well, won some bits on ebay last night and went to collect them today!

I got a Votex Rear Splitter, these are, like all the 9N Votex Kit, very hard to get hold of and are genuine VW parts... From VW they are £250 each!

Untouched, in factory primer and with instructions and fitting kit!

When fitted it looks like this...

and this is the rest of the kit that im going to be looking for...

So yeah, I will be now searching ebay everyday looking for the skirts and the front splitter and then send her to the bodyshop!

I also won the headunit ive been after for a while, its a mutant headunit with mp3/cd-r playback aswel as AUX and USB inputs. The reason I wanted a Mutant headunit was because it suits the car, its good colours and it lights up all blue like my dash/speedo etc, just looks the part!

ANYWAY

Me & Dan then got home, cleaned her, polished her and took 'Susie' for her first real set of photo's!

While cleaning and polishing her, Dan put the red round my grill (gti style) and cut my aerial down! :)

Im over the moon with her, she looks sooo nice. :)
Kim9N
Bronze Member

Post by Kim9N »

Oh, and I've now removed the 'Lo' badge and added some DubClique stickers. :)
pip_polo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by pip_polo »

that looks nice.
whats the ride like with the -50 springs?

the alloys look nice.

but i don't like the red on front.
PHILIP1193
Bronze Member

Post by PHILIP1193 »

really loving the car.

only thing i dont like is the 'lo" bit, persoally think it shudl be all off or all on but maybe im been picky :roll: lol

The wheels look mint as does subtle 30mm lowering you done, id be very please i was you too

Phil
Kim9N
Bronze Member

Post by Kim9N »

PHILIP1193 wrote:really loving the car.

only thing i dont like is the 'lo" bit, persoally think it shudl be all off or all on but maybe im been picky :roll: lol

The wheels look mint as does subtle 30mm lowering you done, id be very please i was you too

Phil
Like I said above, the 'Lo' badge has now gone and the springs are 50mm not 30mm.

Thanks for the comments. :)
david burton

Post by david burton »

looks nice and clean and subtle, although I think the number plate in the window is pretty naff looking, along with the recess for the plate in the front rubbing strip....

apart from that it looking good! got some bargains there 8)
Kim9N
Bronze Member

Post by Kim9N »

A picture somebody took today at the DubClique meet...

david burton

Post by david burton »

8)

p.s. you got the car at a complete bargain!
abdnmoh
Bronze Member

Post by abdnmoh »

nice car!! likin the alloys!! 8)
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

very nice looking 9n indeed! not keen on the red stripe on a dark blue car though. wheels and stance are spot on in my opinion!
rs_tdi
Getting There!

Post by rs_tdi »

Nice! :D Like the look of the 50mm lovering springs. Thinking of the same for mine this season but considering Eibach Sportlines.
Jeff GTi
Platinum Member

Post by Jeff GTi »

nice car but just a quick one for you, if the wheels are 16x7 im sorry to inform you they are relpicas

polo gti wheels are 16x6.5

lovely looking car none the less though
Kim9N
Bronze Member

Post by Kim9N »

Jeff GTi wrote:nice car but just a quick one for you, if the wheels are 16x7 im sorry to inform you they are relpicas

polo gti wheels are 16x6.5

lovely looking car none the less though
They are 16x5.5 then, we actually took the wheels off a brand new GTi when we went to collect them so I know there real! :P

Heres another picture I found from Sunday...