New Photo's....At last....

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
The G Man
Getting There!

New Photo's....At last....

Post by The G Man »

Finally got a nice day on Saturday and decided to give me Polo a nice clean as well as replace plugs and air filter...

This is how she looked about two years ago....

This is how she looks now...

New front grille, clear front indicators, replaced black washer jets with 'blue led' chrome ones which look nice in the dark

Clear side indicators, blacked out rear side windows and back window

And obviously, the England car covers!

Still got lots to do, just need to find the time... Need to clean up the front wheel arches a bit (starting to get a bit of rust on them so want to get them under control - no worries though as I know once sanded down I'll hit bare metal!)

Still need to put speakers in front doors along with central locking kit. Also thinking of electric windows! Saw a universal conversion kit on ebay but it was £50 and that's £50 I ain't got at the moment. Just had to pay £50 for a new accelerator cable (snapped on Saturday night, about two hours after taking the photo's!) Also had to get four tyres as well as mine were bald (and it still passed an MOT in January - strange?)

I also need to re-fit my driver side rear wheel mudguard as I reversed up the kerb a while back and ripped it off. Am also going to re-do the rear and side windows. The side ones are a bit too dark and the back one is a bit creased from the outside although it looks perfect when you look out! I also have an oil leak! Don't know where it's coming from so I'll need to sort that - maybe an oil change and new filter will solve it.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Looking nice and clean mate,, really dont like the interior tho sorry!
The G Man
Getting There!

Post by The G Man »

No worries.. I take on board what people say. I actually put those covers on shortly after taking the first lot of photos - about 2 years ago (just never got round to taking any more pictures since then) They're the 2006 world cup car covers. I've been toying with the idea of replacing them for a few weeks now.

Ideally, what I want now is some black seat covers. I've seen some leather looking ones in Argos but I'm really after VW or POLO seat covers.

I also want to get rid of the stripe down the side (red and white) Someone on here told me a while back that I'd probably be able to get it off with a hair dryer but I'm a bit scared in case it pulls the paint off in the process!
The G Man
Getting There!

Post by The G Man »

Opinions please....

Seat covers for inside my car.. what colour?

There are some good ones on ebay - don't like them waterproof looking ones which all the VW ones appear to be!

How about something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-Piece-Rally-Car ... dZViewItem

or these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/All-Ride-6-Piece- ... dZViewItem

or even the red/black:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-Piece-Rally-Car ... otohosting

Bear in mind the colour inside is similar to the colour outside (grey/black)

Any thoughts?

Or maybe some like these:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/9-PIECE-SEAT-COVE ... m153.l1262
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Personally, I'd steer well clear of seat covers!!!

They're a pet hate of mine.

I'd recommend getting new seats if your really not happy with the OEM ones,

From a neutral perspective however, the last covers you've psoted there look the best
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

agree with tim, seat covers are the best of things.

however, saying that, i had some in my mk2 breadvan to cover the worn seats. my opinion would be to go for black. doesn't show up so much! :wink:
mk2matt
Silver Member

Post by mk2matt »

love the colour dude, its a rare colour in the mk2

not too sure about interior, you should find a nice set of grey and blue interior
abit like what they have in the seat ibiza chill