Hi im new

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Hedges_GTI
New

Hi im new

Post by Hedges_GTI »

Hi people my names chris and i brought a silver GTI about a month ago. I love it really is everything i'd been hopeing for!

I picked it up for 3700 its got Heathed leather FSH and 70K on the clock so i think i got a pretty good deal. I found this forum from Club Polo and i thought id sign up as all the stuff on here has been really helpful, the common mod's thred is a small bible for me lol

I have some mods planned all very VAG really, ive alredy invested in some red tape and done my front grill.

The wish list is,

FK coilovers

BBS RX's in 16" (are these the ones Mouse has on his car?)

Auti TT Pedals

Ani Door Sills

Aro wipers,

Mabie a BMC.

So all in all pretty standerd mods really, might have to wait on the wheels and just get spacers for the rears, can someone tell me what side spacers to get for the rears and where i could get them. Also any info on the above things where i can get them cheap or is any1 has second hand ones going?

Sorry for the essay ill reward you for reading it with some picks haha! :lol:

mwarner87
Silver Member

Post by mwarner87 »

hiya mate and welcome the forum

nice looking car you have got yourself

did the red GTI badges come with the car? im after all red gti badges, but dont know where to get a G from
polo_gti21
Silver Member

Post by polo_gti21 »

welcome mate tidy looking motor
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

welcome mate, heated leather hmmmmm 8)

sounds like you got quite a bargain! first thing i'd do before getting that impressive list of mods underway is to sort those bits of body damage on the front and rear bumpers.............unless your planning on getting the bumper smoothed eventually? in which case, leave these and get modding :lol:
MaxZ
Platinum Member

Post by MaxZ »

That is definitely a bargain for a GTi with leathers!
pologti76
Bronze Member

Post by pologti76 »

i thought GTI's came with climate control as standard or is it because of the leather interior that it hasnt got it.
Good price for a GTI with leather tho mate.
Hedges_GTI
New

Post by Hedges_GTI »

Hay thanks for the comments, the GTI badges came with the car and i think they are standard as you can see that they have worn away abit gone white at the top of the letters.

As for the climate control i was a bit miffed that it dosent have it but really aircon will do.

the bumpers have some scrapes and peeling places but ive got a frend who does spraying for a big body repair garage so they will be sorted and the car will be mopped before long :)

another question how loud are thw BMC filters? as the standard engin note is quite loud alredy and i want that bit more poke but want to be able to hear my self think?

Cheers guys
polo_gti21
Silver Member

Post by polo_gti21 »

BMC sounds the nutts mate they aint loud but give the induction note a nice grumble i wouldnt go back to standard.
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

pologti76 wrote:i thought GTI's came with climate control as standard or is it because of the leather interior that it hasnt got it.
Good price for a GTI with leather tho mate.
It's a pre-alignment model hence the manual AC and the all red GTI badges. Very good price with the leather!
mk4 glx 1.6
Gold Member

Post by mk4 glx 1.6 »

Welcome to the forum, nice looking gti.

I was in Guildford today as I went skating and then popped to the Ladymead.
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Welcome to the forums Chris! Lovely looking example of a GTi you have there, I am very envious of the leather heated seats :)

Cheers
frankeygsxr1000
Getting There!

Post by frankeygsxr1000 »

Hi there welcome to the forum im sure you find very good for problem solving some of the members have helped me no end !!!
(you know who you are so thanks again)

nice looking motor lovely leather seats there if you wanted something a bit comfier like dull grey cloth i'l swap lol :lol: only playin

welcome nice to have you here

Lee
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Welcome to the site mate, loving the interior!!!

Get a BMC, you won't regret it! I worried about it sounding too loud but it's not at all, if you put your foot down you get a lovely grunt, aside from that it's nice a dormant 8)
neilGTI
Gold Member

Post by neilGTI »

Welcome to the site :D
GeeTeeI
New

Post by GeeTeeI »

Chris! It's Neil W!

Looks like we both found the same place? I only signed up the other day. Check your FB.