What next? anyone know much about Z3 M Roadsters?

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

What next? anyone know much about Z3 M Roadsters?

Post by shantybeater »

Hi guys, had my heart set on a mk4 r32 next... with the idea of fitting a turbo kit to it..I still like the idea & love the r32 but...

today i had an s2000 up my arse, i floored it and only very slowly creeped away from him...it was fast!, made me think how nice it would be to have small 2 seater drop top with a powerhouse in the front while i still can!

i looked into s2000's and they are lush, people have fitted forced induction kits on them & made serious horses... but i hate the digital display on the dash, it looks like something you would expect in a mini or some cartoon car...plus i cant help but think they are a bit girly...

anyway i've always liked the Z3 M roadster & after looking into them a bit they go fairly cheap & they have the M3 engine in them...ideally id like the 2001-2002 model which has the 3.2 straight six from the e46 m3 in them! and unlike the s2000 they are exclusive, with only 79 imported into the U.K in RHD.

Anyone know anything about these cars? do they suffer from serious issues etc...? I'm really leaning towards one at the mo, can see real potential for the looks....and a supercharger on the engine would satisfy my every need!

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/348248.htm
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

I'd get the Honda or the R32 mate! Both great cars, I find the Z3 Extremely Girly! Even though the S2000 dash display is utter poo, it beats the Beemer imo :)
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

really? i like the look of the M z3 alot though, and with some 18" wideboy rims, lowered i reckon in black it would look rude..

it just does it for me mainly because of the engine..standard it sees 60 at 5.0 flat, imagine the power after its charged! and serious RWD fun!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

True, it is a bit of a monster.

I've just always seen it as a woman's car. I think its because on of my friends mum bought one, with the line of thought - "ohh I want a sporty shiny looking car this time!"
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

lol yeah i see your point, the usual z3's are massively hair dresser like....guess its a while off anyway, its defo between that & the r32 i think
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Yeh, either way your looking a great and stupidly fast car. And knowing you with it a long way off you'll have definitely changed your mind again by then! :lol:
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

lol yeah true! its tomo's fault with him talking to me about these TT's & 330's...makes me look elsewhere...so happy with my beeza at the mo shouldnt be doing it already lol
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

shantybeater wrote:so happy with my beeza at the mo shouldnt be doing it already lol
Exactly! So shut up, sit down, and enjoy your current turbo :wink: :lol:
Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

I am really loving the JDM stuff at the moment, if I had the dosh I'd go for the S2K:

SCHWING!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

That is miint!!! 8) And you'd never catch a girl driving that!
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

Z3........you think your now called james bond???

i think the S2000 are cool but lets be serious....you need to stay VAG...although you will be eating my dust in a standard R32
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

Post by Polo96CL »

R32's look amazing, i'm not too keen on the Z3 though as I think it's starting to look dated.

I'm not sure how much it costs for insurance, but have you thought of a Lotus elise? Pick one of them up for about £9000 and you can upgrade to a honda engine. Serious track day fun if your into that sort of thing.
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

man that s2000 looks the dogs, i suppose i could make it my own so its not seen as common & i love LMs! the dash REALLy lets it down though...

not a fan of the elises at all, not really beefy enough for me + i hate their styling, i wouldnt mind a track day car but i'd rather have an animal that i can use on the straights & even with a honda engine & alot of hassle it wouldnt be what i would look for,

the s2000, r32 & m3 are all commonly charged by some means and look the nuts imo, although i see what you mean, the z3 does look a bit dated!

ohh i dunno! guess the r32 is a better shout, its just the price of turbo kits for it that put me off a bit, i'll probably pick one up for 12k & the low end kits cost around 10k to buy (not including fitting), plus the idea of a 2 seater drop top definately appeals to me, never use my rear seats...such a waste of weight

that pic has definately made itmore of a thought though ollie

anyway im just being homo..its a long way off! and im keeping my beefa for a while
nikz
Bronze Member

Post by nikz »

What about the z3 coupe? Everytime I manage to see one I can't stop checking it out! Doesn't look girly either in my opinion and I think it comes with the M engine? :?
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

i like it, but at certain angles it looks a bit weird...plus it would feel kind of silly not to get the drop top version!