my cupra on the 1/4 mile

Post your favorite YouTube Videos in here - MUST BE SAFE FOR WORK!
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

my cupra on the 1/4 mile

Post by shantybeater »

vid of me up the strip, second ever run ive done, not a great time tbh, nasty crunch into second as well lol, thanks to dean for taking the vid

https://www.youtube*.com/watch?v=FAI8j6DMSW0
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

haha that was anasty crunch mate! good time though considering that the track was greasy from all the rain!
i've got a couple of decent shots of you on the strip 8)
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

get them up :) i need a nice new wallpaper!

your car was looking silly clean dan, i reckon you should consider show & shine next show, the paintwork is immaculate!

really good day in the end!
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

you obviously didn't look that closely mate :wink:

its got stone chips and scratches galore! luckily the rain hid most of them :lol:

you got home alright then mate? did you see that golf broken down in the roadworks E7ASE, previous Golf+ or PVW cover car!
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

really? get a bit of touch up paint & wet & dry on them..if you have the balls that is, watching yourself rub paint off a car isnt fun thats for sure!

did you make it home alright in the end? luckily after the m1 it was straight up to law breaking speeds to get me home by about 9:30pm
sapphireflame
Bronze Member

Post by sapphireflame »

glad your video worked :)
after my poor attempt at filming the wrong car i decided dean might be better at it!!!
Your time was good! You should try it in mine....it should certainly have made chris appreciate his altea a bit more after driving my polo last night!!
glad u got home ok, and hope there weren't too many smashes ;)
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Ah here it is (forget my question in the other thread), not a bad time considering conditions! (looks well wet!).

Dan - Loving the new sig, it's good to see the BBS' back on!
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

Nice one James 8)
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

shantybeater wrote:really? get a bit of touch up paint & wet & dry on them..if you have the balls that is, watching yourself rub paint off a car isnt fun thats for sure!
did you make it home alright in the end? luckily after the m1 it was straight up to law breaking speeds to get me home by about 9:30pm
not sure i'd have the balls to be honest mate :oops:
yeah got home fine in the end, m25 and m2 were relatively clear!

i worked it out, it took us 2hr 10mins to get from the Pod to the m1/m25 junction (50ish miles) and then and then 1hr 40mins to do the m25/a2/m2/a299 final stretch (roughly 100 miles) :lol:

i saw someone in a silver VW fox with alloys in the outside lane of the m1, who as they pulled up along side you James, i saw them point and mouth "i want one of them" :D
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

Tim_GTi wrote:Dan - Loving the new sig, it's good to see the BBS' back on!
cheers Tim, its great to have them back on, love the way they make the car look, espeially now the fronts are spaced out 20mm! although it does create a lot of scrubbing :lol:
may have to get the front arches rolled, i've got remove a couple of screws under the front arches to see it that helps the situation :?
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

DanDiesel wrote:
i worked it out, it took us 2hr 10mins to get from the Pod to the m1/m25 junction (50ish miles) and then and then 1hr 40mins to do the m25/a2/m2/a299 final stretch (roughly 100 miles) :lol:

i saw someone in a silver VW fox with alloys in the outside lane of the m1, who as they pulled up along side you James, i saw them point and mouth "i want one of them" :D
Haha really? ahh good to see it was appreciated even if it was looking a state by that point!

I ran really low on fuel near the end of the m1 part & crawled all the way at 50 down the m25 & the m3 to fleet services being the first service station i saw....had 0 miles left in the tank at that point! got a bit scary towards the end....then i rinsed £15 worth of fuel in about 45 mins to get home :lol:
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

I was home by 6 :lol:
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

ModifiedMadness wrote:I was home by 6 :lol:
wheres the fun in that :lol:
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

There wasn't any, couldn't drive too fast the way I went thanks to the wet roads :roll:
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

ModifiedMadness wrote:There wasn't any, couldn't drive too fast the way I went thanks to the wet roads :roll:
Haha i kept thinking what you said to me "I'll be home by the time you get on the M1" and you were soo right.

Hope chucky had a nice ride home, and no boxes falling off trucks got in your way haha good times mate :lol: