having i suspension dilemma please help

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
Shugeed
New

having i suspension dilemma please help

Post by Shugeed »

i just bought new struts for my polo now they are uprated but i have not idea how to fot the front ones, well i do i have had them off before but will i have to press the old strut out of the hub and new ones in or is it a bolt clamp ?

as much help as possible would be appreciated :D
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

do you have the hole suspension strut, or just the insert?

the strut and hub are all in one on these so if you have a new strut you may have to change the hub over. if you have the insert, you'll have to strip the unit and install the new insert into the housing. Not a hard job but will likely need spring compressors etc.
Shugeed
New

Post by Shugeed »

it's the strut, when i first got the car i changed the insersts, peice of p***. but i wasn't looking too hard at how the strut and hub are connected. so will i have to press the strut out the hub first or is it like a bolt clamp
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

the hub is part of the shock housing. the only thing holding the rotor to the shock is the wheel bearing. so this would need to be pressed out, and a new bearing pushed into the other.
Shugeed
New

Post by Shugeed »

ok i was lying :) i only got sent the springs rear shocks and the front stut inserts, not need to be taking the hub off the strut :) happy days:D
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

Ahh all is good then! 8)