new kid on the block

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
cottey
New

new kid on the block

Post by cottey »

hey everyone, im new to the website, im a huge fan of all things vw and currently drive this bad boy,, i have had it for about 6 months now and im really impressed with its adaptability is there anything the little polo cant do,

i could do with a little advice, engine check light now i no why its comes on
its to do with the EGR valve and its been replaced twice! but this hasent helped cars running totally fine,, any advice would be great,
young dubber
Bronze Member

Post by young dubber »

to do with the EGR valve?
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Welcome to the site mate!

How did you locate it to the EGR valve?
neilGTI
Gold Member

Post by neilGTI »

welcome to the site 8)
Arnoldo
Gold Member

Post by Arnoldo »

Welcome to the site ;)
cottey
New

Post by cottey »

cheers all,,
yes well like i said driving along happy as larry then the engine check light flicks on pulled over straight away and turned the engine off, popped the hood all fine there nothing out of the ordinary started her back up A okay no scary nosies running fine except the blasted light,,
gessing that all is well and that i wasent going to nacker it up by driving i popped on down to the local garage got it all rigged up to diagnostics gear and the had the fault code thingys read,, reading::

Exhaust recirculation valve (EGR valve) fault

now the guy told me that the valve was nackered and a new one was the way forward but that the car was fine to drive for now, due to the EGR valve rarely being used. For those that dont no the EGR wacks a bit of exhaust gas back into the intake manifold to keep temps down and reduce nitrogen oxides !!

soo with the new one fitted and the old fault code cleared all is well until 30 or so miles down the road my old friend mr check light is back on hrm got it checked again and still same fault code then a good friend of mine down at vw tested the valve with some fancy gear and came to the conclusion that there really is nothing wrong with the new part,,
he also cleared the whole ECU blank nothing left then reinstalled the 6n vw polo 1.0 E software stuff, hoping that if it was some random code that was causing the problem it would now be cured,,
WRONG still not sorted
and apparently the only thing left to do is test all the wiring back to the ECU and to other areas of the car all at a high cost this time any other ideas guyss??

thanks yall
baileysufc
New

Post by baileysufc »

Take the bulb out :shock: :P

jokes

troy
cottey
New

Post by cottey »

ha i think that really is the way forward! are the dash boards sealed units tho?
Gem
Bronze Member

Post by Gem »

Welcome :D