>>>>Wallace's MK5 6N2 SDI Progress Thread<<

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
adamwallace1989
New

>>>>Wallace's MK5 6N2 SDI Progress Thread<<

Post by adamwallace1989 »

Thought I may aswell start a project thread as there has been a few changes on my car, and I get quite a few pm's asking the same questions alot of the time, so hopefully having most of the info here will help people and help me.

I bought this car in April 2008 after having a fiesta zetec. Not as well built as the VAG's

This is How I bought it:

The first modifaction I did was my window tints. I had the rear windows done in limo black and the front in a light smoke (Trying to avoid the powice) :)

Image[/img][/b]

The second mod i did was my after market stereo (Alpine IDA X001) and component speakers with amp (ill get some pic shortly)

Whilst fitting the stereo i also put in the Nokia CK-7W bluetooth handsfree set.

Thirdly was my central locking kit as it did not come with it as standard :( it was a bit tricky to fit at first but im impressed with the results. still looking to get the OEM centrtal locking for this though. (Pics coming soon)

After i fit the central locking kit i had some one come out and fit a Cat1 hawk alarm with tilt sensor. just to get the remote central locking really

Trying to go for the gti look, my next stage was the front end. After looking for about 2 months I found someone breaking a gti so I managed to get a set of the xenons of him for £220 including my headlights.

At the same time i put the xenons on i also got a gti front bumper with the washer jets. The fog lights where smashed and i did not get the splitter, but the will come soon.

The headlight did not really align well at first but after a week when i had a bit more time on my hands i was able to get them aligned a bit better

Just a litle mod one weeked while i was bored sore a little mod on here so i thought i would give it a go meself. looked quite smart

Yes it was the door pins :)
Last edited by adamwallace1989 on Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
lolhoward
Platinum Member

Post by lolhoward »

Nice so far mate. Simular mods to me. Whats next on your list? I'm desperate to lower mine, just cant afford it :roll:
adamwallace1989
New

exactly the same mate want some coilies for it. just been made redundant so no money at min. i have just got my gti splitter on it ill get some pics up. want the gti grille and my next big mod wil be g60 front brakes hopefully.
3LL1077
Gold Member

Post by 3LL1077 »

It was a bit of a state when you bought it wasnt it :shock:

I'd replace the wheels and lower it first, will improve the looks so much. I regretted not lowering mine first!

I offer spraying services if you need anything doing, badges, colour coded rear badge, let me know :wink:
lolhoward
Platinum Member

Post by lolhoward »

3LL1077 wrote:
I offer spraying services if you need anything doing, badges, colour coded rear badge, let me know :wink:

:lol:
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Every thread I read has a post from Elliott at the bottom whoring out 'spraying services' :lol: . Do you do spray tans mate? I'm looking quite pasty :lol:
3LL1077
Gold Member

Post by 3LL1077 »

I can do you a special Tim.

Ive got this fantastic new spray-on tan.

The code is LC3K, looks fantastic!
adamwallace1989
New

i might take your offer up looking a bit white me self. lol o/j might want me rear badge doing and red line round grille. want it lowered just need the money first then i think im going for some borbets. :)
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

What does SDI stand for?
3LL1077
Gold Member

Post by 3LL1077 »

Semi direct injection i think ?
Mike
Bronze Member

Post by Mike »

Stratified Diesel Injection
JDub6n2
Getting There!

Post by JDub6n2 »

3LL1077 wrote:Semi direct injection i think ?
I was going to say, that sounds abit pointless :P :lol:
3LL1077
Gold Member

Post by 3LL1077 »

Why didnt you point out exactly what i means then ;)

I did say i think, therefore meaning i wasnt entirely sure myself :)
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

3LL1077 wrote:I can do you a special Tim.

Ive got this fantastic new spray-on tan.

The code is LC3K, looks fantastic!
Sounds good mate :lol:
3LL1077
Gold Member

Post by 3LL1077 »

Haha so you admit you LOVE LC3K then? :P