Badgeless grille Issue!!!!

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
POLOZ
Gold Member

Badgeless grille Issue!!!!

Post by POLOZ »

Hello everybody.....

Just bought my grille today.....installed it alright....but only issue is that the wee ARC at the tip of the bonnet is really anoying me.....i also recieved a metal part with it....which i think is to fill the ARC but dont know how to install it....I was wondering if Anybody here who has bought or i have an idea as to how to fill the gap then please do let me know thanks.....

KJ
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

The metal blade has to be welded to the bonnet where the arc is then filled and painted
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

chewy wrote:The metal blade has to be welded to the bonnet where the arc is then filled and painted
Thanks for the reply mate.....

I dont want weld the plate as it will be issue when i'll be selling the car since badgeless grille is not everybodies cup of tea....
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

Where did you get the grille from? I am sure I have seen one some where, where the grille had a little arc on the top so it looked right but cant remember where it was lol
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

The ones that you are talking about are the CARACTERE grilles which were too dear for me :wink: ......

Got mine from ebay.....

Also if you check out the polo 9n gallery here you will see one of the member has the same grille i am talking about....you can still see the arc but he has filled it something which i cant make out...
polospeed
Bronze Member

Post by polospeed »

Is that the one thats about £20 poloz? Could you tell me the name of who has the same grille in the photo gallery section I have looked but cant see it :oops: :oops: . Go see a body shop and see what they thinkin will fill it for you.
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

polospeed wrote:Is that the one thats about £20 poloz? Could you tell me the name of who has the same grille in the photo gallery section I have looked but cant see it :oops: :oops: . Go see a body shop and see what they thinkin will fill it for you.
If you check out the photogallery and the first thread.....
poloecosse has a badgeless grille....and if you look closely...ya will see he has put something there to cover it.....

KJ
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

Your eyes must be better than mine mate lol. I can see its smooth along the edge but cant tell whats there to fill it, Try givin him a pm but cant see I have seen any posts by him for a while
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

There you go mate...just about see it....
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

Yeah I can just say see somthing lol aint got a clue what it is tho.
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

chewy wrote:Yeah I can just say see somthing lol aint got a clue what it is tho.
Same here :wink: .....Sent him a pm....but he hasn't been on the forum for a while
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

Lets just hope he gets back to you.
poloecosse
Bronze Member

Post by poloecosse »

pm'd you back mate, mine is just stuck on with araldite, been there for well over a year now and still holding strong 8)
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

When i had my badgeless grill i used uber strong double sided tape to hold the infill on with - no problems what so ever!
M7
Gold Member

Post by M7 »

poloecosse wrote:pm'd you back mate, mine is just stuck on with araldite, been there for well over a year now and still holding strong 8)
that's the s**t right there. held mine on for 2 years!