Chip for Polo GTi?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Chip for Polo GTi?

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Hi!

This is the first "real" post in the forum!

Does anyone have any ideas/recommendations regarding performance ECU upgrades for the 6N2000 Polo GTi?

As standard they have 125Bhp, but I'd like it to be more :wink:

Also, has anyone tried a PiperCross Induction Kit? They're meant to be pretty good, but as the filter sits at the top of the engine, I'm worried it might get too hot.

Anyway, if you're reading this, welcome to the UK Polo Forum, I hope you'll come back soon!

Post by Guest »

PiperCross Viper kits work fantastic on french cars (Saxos and Pugs) cause they come with a heat shield and cold air ducting included, not seen one on a dub yet though.

For the chip, PVW did a review for one a couple of months back, I think it was an APR chip they fitted to a TT. It features swichable programs, so you can one for performance :D , and one for economy :roll: and you can switch programs from inside the car, while its running!

Hopefully that should solve your your probs 8)
fil_rite13
New

Post by fil_rite13 »

A few of the guys on Porka.net have induction kits on their GTI's, they say that the roar they get is pretty cool but from what i can gather Josh is that they don't like warm air. As the induction kit has to sit behind the block the air getis dragged over the block therefore making the air entering the filter warm and this causing the car to run a bit dodgey. Check out Porka.net and put up a post to ask sum of the guys, i'm sure they would be happy to help out!
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Thanks Fil,

I've never been to that site before... I'll check it out.
Polo17
Getting There!

Post by Polo17 »

yeah i have a k and n on my gti.

u said u r worried it would get to hot sitting where it is....ur completly right...it does get way to hot and there is no where decent to put a cold air feed!

power wise it is a load of rubbish...sound wise its bloody lovely. its the only reason that i keep it on. when i floor it i have one hooge grin on my face cos it sounds so sweeeet!
Depresion
New

Post by Depresion »

I don't know if the GTi is the same but a few of the 1.4 16V people have had problems if oiled filters where the oil is sucked in and clogs the MAF sensor (I think that's the right one), you may want to look for a non oiled mesh filter or one with a cold air pipe.
blackpologti
Bronze Member

Post by blackpologti »

interested to hear if u do get it chipped how it performs. I too have the k&n induction kit on the car which does sound amazing. Does suffer from hot air and needs a good cold air feed. Difficult to find one really. THinking about gettin a ram air pipe of sorts so a filter can be placed nearer the front. THought about moving battery to boot and having one there. Sure it would benefit from it. Will let u know if i evr get around from it.

Tas