Hello-new to the forums

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Teo10
New

Hello-new to the forums

Post by Teo10 »

Hi there! been on the forums for quite a while, but finally just decided to register during a boring saturday night!

Well basically I have an 05 Reg polo 9n 1.4TDI, Gun metal grey! So far the only things I have done to it are blacken both front and back badge, and got my windows tinted...Being skint doesnt really help :( also have a theloudest.com 3000 watt amp and 2x2000 watt 6x9 speakers on the parcel shelf which I custom made so it could support the speakers.

I'm getting alloys for my birthday and saw these bad boys: http://www.madmotors.co.uk/catalog/borb ... 3019355a61

Just a quick question..... the tyre's im getting them with are the 205/40/17, And after they get put on was thinking of getting him(my car is nicknamed meo teo or teo junior! as my private reg is M30 TEO) lowered. Now I dont want it too low that the tyres rub off the arch but also I don't want a huge gap...seeing how ya'll are pro's how much should I get them lowered by? I will be buying springs(hopefully cheap ones if I can find them) around my birthday also.

I will get a couple of photos posted up soon!

Thanks
Teo10
New

Post by Teo10 »

Also

Im looking for a grille, was origionally interested in the gti one but thought I would go for something different...But I cant find anywhere on the internet which sells them :( Help pleaseeeee :D
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

Welcome to the forum mate.

If you want to lower on springs you have two options I think 30mm or 60mm. I am down 30mm but want to go lower. As for the grille you can’t get a Gti style for the 9N I have been looking myself for sometime lol
pip_polo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by pip_polo »

welcome mate

i have some 50mm springs if you want them? (cheap lol)

them alloys are quite nice tbh, think they'll suit the colour of the car.
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

Hi

My advice is to get it lowered and hold back on the wheels. You should have a long think about which wheels will suit the lines of the car the most, and have a good look at other VAG wheels and non-VAG. The last thing you want to do is get the wrong wheels because it's an expensive game to keep swapping!

50mm is the max you will want to lower on springs - and the ride will be quite crashy so don't expect a limo service 8)

Welcome to the site
Teo10
New

Post by Teo10 »

Cheers for the tips guys, I was thinking of going only 30mm, it was like that on my old golf and the ride wasnt too bad
Teo10
New

Post by Teo10 »

Right guys, I need your help. I really want a new grille and so far the options I have are....

Getting the GTI grille but taking off the "GTI" letters....but I dont want everyone thinking it's a GTI when I'm trying to get it to be unique :)

There is the chrome effect one which I am not really a fan off as my car would totally contrast it.

I have seen a couple on here which look quite nice, they have quite a small mesh like a rectangle(hope this description helps)

Or take the one I have now and colour code it to my car to let it the black badge(which i need to redo :( ) stand out more..

Anyone got any other grilles they have seen? or any idea's on what to do :?:

Thanks!
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

Where have you found a gti style one mate? If I was you I would just keep the one you have and paint the vw badge black.
Teo10
New

Post by Teo10 »

It was on vagparts I think.

I currently have the black badge and origional grille, thought I would try a little bit of a mix, might colourcode the grille to the car and redo the badge as its a bit of an oddjob lol
chrisjames
Silver Member

Post by chrisjames »

Hey welcome to the site.
You should come along to some of the meets here in Edinburgh. You ever heard of Scottish VAG? We meet 1 a month in the Foutainbridge car park. I was trying arrange a polo meet a while back but nothing came of it.

Good luck with the mods :wink:
Teo10
New

Post by Teo10 »

chrisjames wrote:Hey welcome to the site.
You should come along to some of the meets here in Edinburgh. You ever heard of Scottish VAG? We meet 1 a month in the Foutainbridge car park. I was trying arrange a polo meet a while back but nothing came of it.

Good luck with the mods :wink:
Hey! Yeah I was at the one at the Flotterstone a week ago or so but not alot of people were there, I will be along at the fountainpark one next time. When is it again? A couple of my mates who have Golf's will be coming aswell :D
chrisjames
Silver Member

Post by chrisjames »

What golfs do they have, are they regulars at the meet?

The next is on Halloween. Starts at 7.

http://www.scottishvag.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 58&t=31019

I dont think I will make this one though :cry:

Catch you another time maybe
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

The gti grille on vag parts only fits the newer mk7 mate. I have rang them up and asked
Teo10
New

Post by Teo10 »

chewy wrote:The gti grille on vag parts only fits the newer mk7 mate. I have rang them up and asked
noooooo GUTTED!! why arent there any grilles kicking about!!! may just keep mine the way it is, might match up with my angel eyes once I get them?
Teo10
New

HELP!!!!!!

Post by Teo10 »

Guy's im just about to start colour coding the bump strips(?) on my car, but I can't get the front OR back strip off :( :( they are really clipped in and dont want to break them :( any tips of getting them off or is it easy enough to mask off the back of the car to do it while its on the car?!