Some questions on GTi

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
VWPOLOXX
New

Some questions on GTi

Post by VWPOLOXX »

Well I am soon to own a polo GTi, when I can find one :(

Anyway I want to be ready so that as soon as I have one I can order the goods ASAP, but I am unsure on what I need so any guidance would be appreciated :D

OK so what I am going for for the suspension and air flow.

# KW Variant 1 Coilovers (Comfy ride? Good control? Will I need to get tracking done after lowering?)
# BMC Induction Kit (CDA70-130 I believe) but I am unsure if a 90 degree pipe for the throttle body comes with it, also I am unsure what crankcase breather to get. I will follow Mouse_GTI guide for the air feed :D

Thanks.
bbspolo
Gold Member

Post by bbspolo »

im sure some1 will advise u on the coilovers mate as there not rearly my thing! (or drop tim or alex on here a pm as they know alot about them)

As for the breather, i would botther as although they do the job a catch tank is a much better way of doing it for the same sort of money! 8)
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Oil catch tank is a better idea, although a breather is cheaper. One from Halfords will do fine for that mate.

The 90% pipe for the TB will NOT be supplied unless specifically stated. Check eBay, kam racing or the seller for one of these.

KW are top of the range, so if you've got the money splash out on a set. Or H&R or Bilstein

A more affordable decent kit is the Weitec Hicons,
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Yup, KW are a fine choice. After fitting them, you will need to get the tracking and camber set up correctly as both will be out :)

Cheers
JDub6n2
Getting There!

Post by JDub6n2 »

I'm pretty sure you'd have to get the tracking and camber done regardless of what coilovers you fit, as your still adjusting the original setup of the car.
chrisjames
Silver Member

Post by chrisjames »

Get an oil catch but please make sure you know where you are going to mount it before you buy it. I found the bay to be a little crampt :roll:
I am now having trouble getting it to fit!

People always tell you to go for the most expensive suspension setup you can afford because you really get what you pay for. KW's will be great :)
VWPOLOXX
New

Post by VWPOLOXX »

Thanks for the replies guys, Where can I get the camber done? Halfurds?
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

VWPOLOXX wrote:Thanks for the replies guys, Where can I get the camber done? Halfurds?
Assuming you're the same person that PMed me on Club Polo :lol: .. go to RSE Motorsport near Llandudno Junction mate. They have a flat ramp, the only place I could get my car on. They're spot on.

http://www.rsemotorsportuk.com/
VWPOLOXX
New

Post by VWPOLOXX »

CymruPolo wrote:
VWPOLOXX wrote:Thanks for the replies guys, Where can I get the camber done? Halfurds?
Assuming you're the same person that PMed me on Club Polo :lol: .. go to RSE Motorsport near Llandudno Junction mate. They have a flat ramp, the only place I could get my car on. They're spot on.

It sure is mate :>

They do tracking and camber? How much was it for you?
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

VWPOLOXX wrote:
CymruPolo wrote:

It sure is mate :>

They do tracking and camber? How much was it for you?
They do indeed mate. They've got top of the range stuff there. I think I paid about £75, which is expensive but they're really good, plus I didn't have much choice as I couldn't get my car on a ramp anywhere else lol.
VWPOLOXX
New

Post by VWPOLOXX »

Well £75 for a professional job that needs doing aint too bad :lol:
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

Yeh, true :)
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

I paid £35 for mine! £75 is on the dear side of the scale. But if there's no where else has a flat ramp you don't have a choice.
D77
Bronze Member

Post by D77 »

Tim_GTi wrote:I paid £35 for mine! £75 is on the dear side of the scale. But if there's no where else has a flat ramp you don't have a choice.
£75 quid, bargain! try £250 for a full 4 wheel alignment :shock: , not that i paid that, did it myself for free :D
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

D77 wrote:
Tim_GTi wrote:I paid £35 for mine! £75 is on the dear side of the scale. But if there's no where else has a flat ramp you don't have a choice.
£75 quid, bargain! try £250 for a full 4 wheel alignment :shock: , not that i paid that, did it myself for free :D
£250!! Bloody hell!!