bulb help

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
dsw88
Bronze Member

bulb help

Post by dsw88 »

hello just turned my lights on tonight to come home from work walked round the car to find that the lights on the rear light up as a soild circle the top half of one was out!! anyone know what buld it is? so i can get one from halfruds
Gra-GT
Gold Member

Post by Gra-GT »

If you're getting the Halfords ones you need the 207S one. This one isnt listed in the book in the Halfords, it actually lists a different one, so its a bit confusing.

But if its the top half of the circle, then its this one you need.

Best thing to do is take it out before you go, and have a look at the writting on the side (should R5W or something like that) and make sure the ones you get have that written on, and that they look similar
jackthelad1990
Bronze Member

Post by jackthelad1990 »

Go to ur vw dealer... show them bulb.. 50p... sorted!
dsw88
Bronze Member

Post by dsw88 »

cheers for help just been and got a packet, fitted them both all working fine, next job passenger side front indicator got the bulb but i heard there a bugger to change? any ideas about how to change it?
drewbar
Silver Member

Post by drewbar »

I think theres a guide in the diy section for fitting bulbs mate.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

One thing about these small rear bulbs, for any one else's benefit, if you try to buy the better quality (?) Bosch bulbs, just check that the shape of the envelope is the same as the original one - some are spherical and some are longer with a spherical "end". Bosch seems to have put the spherical one in both packs - and its the one with the "longer" envelope that is needed in this fitting. These small bulbs seem to go black quite quickly!
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

If its just the front indicator its simple iirc half turn and the holder comes out. If its the one in the arch best bet is to remove the arch liner and pull the bulb holder out that way
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

chewy wrote:If its just the front indicator its simple iirc half turn and the holder comes out. If its the one in the arch best bet is to remove the arch liner and pull the bulb holder out that way
Yes, it would take a brave/lucky/silly person to try and remove these indicator assemblies the way that VW intended.

For those that do not know, these assembles have a solid plastic vee retaining clip at one end and either a steel or plastic sprung retaining clip at the other end. The trick is to identify which way the assembly needs to be slide (forwards or backwards) to compress the sprung clip enough to ease out the solid vee clip end!
dsw88
Bronze Member

Post by dsw88 »

cheers for the help managed to change the front indicator on passenger side but i want to change them in pairs for i need to find some one with slim hands and wrists to do the drivers side haha.