my new car

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
lewis-mackenzie
Getting There!

my new car

Post by lewis-mackenzie »

my new polo well new to me lol on its way home thanks to the AA ( no mot or tax) otherwise my dad would have drove it and the fact that it has no discs on it lol

got it home then we had to try and get it going battery is goosed but i got a new one so its sorted.

once we got it going we put it in the shed for the night

next morning took it out and had a good look over it and found a few wee annoying things like the guy i got it off had painted his house and not moved the car so there is wee spots of paint all over the car and the rear wiwper arm is broken so will need to either get a new one or take it off and put a grommet thing in it, we washed it then tryed t-cutting it to get the paint off but didnt work. did make the car slightly shinyer, so anyone any ideas on how to get the paint off?????

once we had done all that we decided to put the K&N on it which we had in the shed anyway, and a high brakelight for the back which is in place but not wired in yet

once we had done that i thought i havent even checked how many miles are on the clock (i dint reali think about that seen as the car did only cost £150 with 3/4 of a tank of fuel once i had seen the miles i got bored and went through the book thing wit the service history to discover it has dealer service history up till 45000 then private garage history till 66000miles so theat was even better lol

and it only has 70225 miles, for a 1995 car i think thats pretty good.

more pics to follow ones i decide what im going to do with the car mod wise, i am definately going for 16V bumpers coilys and either ats cups or ronal turbos and the rest i havent planned yet. ive only just turned 16 soo have a year to work on the car before shes put on the road lol.

sorry bout the quality of the photos was on my phone, next time i will find the camera, and i have just noticed theres a black dot in all the photos, must of had dirt on the camera haha

thanks for looking Lewis 8)
vw-po-low
Gold Member

Re: my new car

Post by vw-po-low »

Nice find. She'll look tip top in no time.

my polo had low miles on when i got her. i got her a year ago with 23k on. and she now has 32k on. 1997 =D
lewis-mackenzie
Getting There!

Any ideas on how to get the specks of paint off it???

Cheers Lewis 8)
vw-po-low
Gold Member

Post by vw-po-low »

Tar remover may work, have a browse around the net im sure you'll find something. There my be something in the DIY section or bodywork section!
dub_jack
Bronze Member

Post by dub_jack »

Nice find m8, cant wait to see it progress!i got my polo whwn i was 16(17 now), also an N reg. I used the time to mod it so it wasnt totally standard once it hits the road (very soon hopefully!). Keep it up mate, Jack.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Clay will get the paint off. Its designed for removing overspray aswell as making everything nice and smooth;)

If that doesnt work, rubbing compound should take it off.
lewis-mackenzie
Getting There!

someone said to try tar remover and i was told to try WD40 or petrol but i thought it might damage the paint usin WD or petrol, where would i get clay from and how would i use it???

first interior mod so far, there is a DIY guide to do it but i noticed that the rev counter didnt go to 70000RPM on the one thats on there so me and my dad spent a good few hours getting that one done but im chuffed with it theres some detail youv got to look close to see like the thermometer is red, was a very late night i decided to go to bed at three in the morning with having to get up at 7 to go to school haha and it was after 5 by the time my dad had finished it off lol

think it looks awsome just need to put them back together but that will be another week or so coz im going to ireland tomoro :D

cheers for the advise

Lewis 8)
carlgannon
Getting There!

Post by carlgannon »

Just like me and my car

check it out.
lewis-mackenzie
Getting There!

bump strips now removed i shal get some pics soon

and i am going to put my white dials together later on tonight so i will get pics of them soon to 8)

Lewis
StormTrooper
New

Post by StormTrooper »

lewis-mackenzie wrote:
once we had done all that we decided to put the K&N on it which we had in the shed anyway, and a high brakelight for the back which is in place but not wired in yet

trying not to totally hijack but whats the diameter of the filter as i want one for mine. Thanks!