Newbie 6n2 GTI owner :)

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
joe2612
Gold Member

Newbie 6n2 GTI owner :)

Post by joe2612 »

Hey all, been looking through this forum for a few weeks now while ive been looking for a gti. you all seem like a helpful, friendly bunch.

Just bought it today:) x reg , black, 80,000 miles, fsh, new cambelt ,brake discs, pads, tires, alloys refurbed etc . Paid 2350 all in all, picking up next sunday, can't wait :) only problem is a big scratch down the dirvers side door panel :/ should be sortable hopefully

im probably the youngest guy on here, 17, don't worry i'm not one of these boy racer chav dudes lol. ( not that a chav could ever drive a gti ) :wink:

Not looking to modify it hugely, new stereo, speakers etc. Any advice on the best way to go with this would be helpful:) will upload some piccys when i get it
emma_88
Gold Member
Drives: 6N2 Polo GTi & 9N3 Polo GTi

Re: Newbie 6n2 GTI owner :)

Post by emma_88 »

Ey up Joe, welcome to the forum.

Nice to know you're not the typical 17 year old corsa liking chav.. Sounds like you got a good deal with the Polo, is it 3 or 5 door?

Where you from then? Darn sarf, up north?

Oh and as for modification advice, take a looky here! TBH the GTi doesn't need much doing to make it look well, IMO coilies and setting it to the right height just set it off with the standard BBS wheels.

But yeah, happy modding! And trust me, the Polo won't fail to put a smile on your face.
joe2612
Gold Member

Post by joe2612 »

I'm a darn sarfener ;) in the Surrey area, and its a 3 door, that link is greeeeaaat! thanks (Y)
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Welcome to the site mate. And yep, first things first. Get it lowered.

A hefty stance is sometimes all you need to make the car look awesome. Then just build on smaller mods from there.
Dan 6N
Silver Member

Post by Dan 6N »

Welcome dude,
May I ask how did you get insured on a GTI at 17?
Arnoldo
Gold Member

Post by Arnoldo »

Must be giving the insurance company sexual favours to get insured at that age lol. Ojin m8. All the best with your car. Lowered, tidy up scratches and faded calipers and a good buff is along the right lines ;)
dave-g
Bronze Member

Post by dave-g »

welcome along buddy! yeh its a very helpful forum here, helps me no-end!!

any way yeh just get it lowered and maybe some wheels then you'll be away. good thing with them they don't need much to look sweet!! 8)