Any 1.9tdi PD 100 owners out there??

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Any 1.9tdi PD 100 owners out there??

Post by Dub_Dan »

hi guys just wondering what any owners of the pd 100 think...
thanks dub_dan
zedzo
Gold Member

Re: Any 1.9tdi PD 100 owners out there??

Post by zedzo »

its boring.....
until u remap it :D then watch the apponents faces :shock:
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

thanks for the reply buddy, appreciate that, i have been thinking of the revo remap 145 bhp what do you think?
regards dub_dan
zedzo
Gold Member

Post by zedzo »

Revo is gud if you have the money. however dont chase the figures. half of them are made up. u usually get around 135 140 which is pretty fast. i used morebhp who is in the mk7 section. only paid like 180 and did a top job alot of people on here have used him so hes pretty gud and cheap. but if youve got the money and want to pay extra you can go for the revo :lol: i can keep up with the golf GT TDi which is a 140 and 2.0 litre passats and A4 pretty easy to keep up with, i raced a 520d which is 180 bhp the other day and left it in the dust, however the 530D was alot more challenging hehehe
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

ye will definately take that in mind, i will need to remap it for sure tho but like you say revo is expensive but if i could get 145bhp that would be fantastic
SimonCorrigan
Bronze Member

Post by SimonCorrigan »

had mine remapped by more-bhp on thursday. loads more tourque and power right the way round the rev range all for £195 - bargin.
mr.sarcasm
Getting There!

Post by mr.sarcasm »

i got a pd100 but ive always been kinda scared to go for the remap, incase it had some adverse affect on my clutch or gearbox, so who is this morebhp guy? and how long have you lot had your remaps on for now? any side affects?
SimonCorrigan
Bronze Member

Post by SimonCorrigan »

i would guess there are more stresses on the gearbox and clutch but i can't imagine the remap will cause too many problems and is within the acceptable tolerences. so far nothing bad to report and even an increase in mpg. the power delivery is smoother and seems to come earlier so not revving the nuts of helps. on mine there was a increase of about 50nm of torque and 35bhp increase in power. certainly worth every penny. i believe you can get even more power but need to start looking at a FMIC and replacing pipes so they don't keep popping off with the extra boost.
zedzo
Gold Member

Post by zedzo »

morebhp is in the other section mk7. ive had mine for nearlly a year now and nothing has gone wrong with it. like he says the delivery is smooth and theres alot more power, bfore u really had to put ur foot down to make it move, now u dont really hav to do anything it just flies hehehehe :lol: i got roughly the same as him, but i told him to do as much bhp as possible even if it broke things so far its all gud :lol:... oh ye forgot ... also an increase in mpg even when booting it :D