9n3 GTI exhaust to fit 9n???

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
LWeatherill
New

9n3 GTI exhaust to fit 9n???

Post by LWeatherill »

Hi there, i'm a newbie to this forum, i have a 1.2 9N would i be able to fit a 9n3 GTI back box to this with a reducer or something?

If this is possible where i could get hold of the 9n3 GTI back box & roughly how much i should be paying.

Cheers
chewy
Platinum Member

Re: 9n3 GTI exhaust to fit 9n???

Post by chewy »

Will fit mate, dealer but they are expensive. Try asking in the mk7 section if people are fitting millteks on their gti's
RITCHAT
Gold Member

Post by RITCHAT »

fits no problem at all I have one fitted to my car you will need to change your back valance for an 9n3 gti one costs about 35 quid for this and is easy to fit as the bumpers are the same 9n or 9n3
LWeatherill
New

Post by LWeatherill »

RITCHAT wrote:fits no problem at all I have one fitted to my car you will need to change your back valance for an 9n3 gti one costs about 35 quid for this and is easy to fit as the bumpers are the same 9n or 9n3
You got a pic of it on your car please mate?
wes_keo
New

Post by wes_keo »

yeah it will fit. got my gti backbox from the stealers for around £125 and you dont need the gti valace, you can cut out the standard one. also you need to get a reducer pipe made. mine was about 12 quid so not expensive. heres a pic of what mine looks like:

RITCHAT
Gold Member

Post by RITCHAT »

Why cut it out when the rear valance off a gti makes the car look alot better imo I will try and get some pictures up at the weekend and you will see the difference between doing it properly and cutting ( sorry for the pun) corners attention to details my friend. also it will depend were you cut your old pipe with regards to the reducer which I didn't need however my original exhaust was only 1mm smaller in diametere so a u clip was all that was required.
LWeatherill
New

Post by LWeatherill »

Pics RITCHAT?
Veedub9n
Silver Member

Post by Veedub9n »

Ive got a GTI rear valance on my 9n if you go in my thread should be some pics. I Had it detextured and painted when the car was in botyshop

But i dont have the GTI exhaust, ive got a scorpion exhaust but its sitting too low now. It sat right in the standard rear valance but the GTI the cut out is higher up.
RITCHAT
Gold Member

Post by RITCHAT »

I will try and get some pics on ove the week end just been too busy with boring stuff like work at the moment.
timefalls9n
New

Post by timefalls9n »

what size reducer pipe do you need to do this?