When is the new Polo GTI out?

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
sony
Getting There!

When is the new Polo GTI out?

Post by sony »

I will consider it to replace my R56 cooper S- need an auto and DSG would be nice. Any ideas? :D
Si_GTi

Re: When is the new Polo GTI out?

Post by Si_GTi »

Next year mate. With a rumour of a Polo "R" in 2011 to fit in under the Scirroco and Golf R models! 8)
emma_88
Gold Member
Drives: 6N2 Polo GTi & 9N3 Polo GTi

Post by emma_88 »

New polo over a mini anyday.
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

ive been teaching a VW sales guy to ski and he came over in one the other day, they are cool i must admit
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Si_GTi wrote:Next year mate. With a rumour of a Polo "R" in 2011 to fit in under the Scirroco and Golf R models! 8)
that would be amazing
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

I would be very surprised if a Polo R appeared. A Polo GTi Cup Edition again yes, but not an R.

I'm pretty sure VW have stated that they won't build an R model on anything smaller than a Golf. I can see the logic in this; VW wouldn't want a Polo with better peformance than a Golf, as this would essentially upset the 'performance hierachy' of the products it offers.
neilw
Gold Member

Post by neilw »

I don't think a new polo would out perform the new golf R. But if they built something with 200bhp and sub 7sec 0-60 to compete with the Corsa VRX and Cilo Cup I'd be very intrested.

It would also have to be well priced, no point it being £16k, I'd just buy a used S3, MK5 GTi ED30 or Leon Cupra K1
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

No, but a Polo R with 200bhp+, through the virtue of being lighter, would ultimately outperform a regular Golf GTi. That was what I was getting at.

If you look at SEAT for example, the new Ibiza Cupra is not quicker than the bigger Leon FR. So it would seem that VAG doesn't want a smaller car outperforming a bigger, more expensive, model.
Bradley
Gold Member

Post by Bradley »

I can understand what you're saying Redline and i totoally agree.Didn't this happen a long time ago when the MK4 Golf GTI was out then they bought out the Polo 6N2 GTI?.