Polo GTI Coil Pack

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
KennyPOLO_Gti
Platinum Member

Polo GTI Coil Pack

Post by KennyPOLO_Gti »

Well yesterday i was out in the Polo and pulled away from a junction and all of a sudden my car totally died, was vibrating like mad, sounded terrible and had the emissions flashing on and off! Managed to nurse her home and have a look. First thing i noticed was the strong smell of fuel which made me think it was the spark plugs or a coil pack. So fitted a new coil pack today and everything is fine, also changed from copper tip spark plugs to platinum NGK and the car is running sweet :-D

So just a general warning to people that the coil packs go a lot on these engines and maybe an idea to buy on or two and keep them in your boot :wink:

Kenny
vlad_pvs
Getting There!

Re: Polo GTI Coil Pack

Post by vlad_pvs »

Last week I had the same problem, I was on the road, suddenly the engine started to run in 3 cilinders, and the check engine light flashing. I managed to get back home, and bought 4 new coil packs, the latest version "R", the ones that I had on the car were version "A". So I think these should be a little improved.
So it's good to have a spare coil pack with you, you never know when they die.
KennyPOLO_Gti
Platinum Member

Post by KennyPOLO_Gti »

Dunno what mine was, just went to my local Auto Shop and they ordered one. All is well anyways! :D

Yeah good idea to have one, would be a nightmare if you were away on a long journey! :x
milly
New

Post by milly »

all i know is on my 1.4 they take a good tuggin to get out :lol:
vlad_pvs
Getting There!

Post by vlad_pvs »

And another thing: if you change the coil pack by yourself, try not to touch and press it's head, it's quite sensible. :wink: