A BIG DISSAPOINTMENT!

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

A BIG DISSAPOINTMENT!

Post by Dub_Dan »

hi all I own a polo 1.9 tdi pd 100
friday night on the motorway coming home from london and some mini cooper tried to have me on the fast lane! so i thought i would have him but he was standard and completely destroyed me if i get mine remapped would i beat him i know i sound like a boy racer but im not i just want to know if this remap is worth it or not.?
regards
dub_dan
RITCHAT
Gold Member

Re: A BIG DISSAPOINTMENT!

Post by RITCHAT »

You will probally need more than a remap. However a remap is of benefit makes the car run better and more efficient , you will need to upgrade the brakes possibly depending on your setup. Also let your insurance company know. Other than that don't drive like a dick and the mini driver will be wondering what have you got? Take it from me My car looks like it will go some but it is mechanically engine wise totally standard. I feel better to cruise than loose, you will get more respect that way. Spend the money on the looks its cheaper on the insurance.
pip_polo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by pip_polo »

what mini? i'd be ashamed :roll:

get it mapped and it'll be alot better
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

RITCHAT wrote:I feel better to cruise than loose, you will get more respect that way. Spend the money on the looks its cheaper on the insurance.
I actually completely agree with this comment :D, I can understand how you feel as its happened to me millions of time as mines only a 1.2 6v :cry: :oops: but again if you want to race them properly drop a Audi TT engine and take her down the pink slips :wink: :mrgreen:
zedzo
Gold Member

Post by zedzo »

ive got the same car as you remaped with a few other small mods and i can have alot of cars. minis are easy unless it was a cooper S i think there like polo Gti category :lol:
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

How did you know it was standard?
RITCHAT
Gold Member

Post by RITCHAT »

It was an old Granny driving :mrgreen: Mrs McGoo
pip_polo

Post by pip_polo »

zedzo wrote: minis are easy unless it was a cooper S i think there like polo Gti category :lol:
There easy :twisted: :lol:
david burton

Post by david burton »

What do you expect with 100bhp? The cooper has around 120 and the cooper S is way more. A remap will correct that though, without a doubt.