Ricky's Green 6n2 - SOLD....BMW POWER

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
RS_GT
Gold Member

Ricky's Green 6n2 - SOLD....BMW POWER

Post by RS_GT »

Hi, my names Ricky, just got a 1.4 8v 6n2 as my first car couple weeks ago, and have picked up some great ideas from this site, mine is green and doesn't look like many have the green ones ( or probably noone likes them lol)

pic on the day i bought it

pic of new grille

mods:
-Gti grille and black badge
-Osram nightbreaker bulbs. Full, dipped,
-phillips bluevision sidelights
--short aerial (standard one was unbelievably long)
-Sony gt630 head unit
-sony 1735 door speakers
-stripped n sprayed grab handles (wasnt happy with how peeled they were)
-debadged 'polo' on rear

will be ordering the bumper grille, fogs and surrounds and the fogs switch right after this post

future mods include:
-wheels, got some in mind but all the ones are a bit out of my price range atm ( Borbet A's, keskin KT1's or KT5's, BBS CH, or the BBS 6n2 gti ones)
considering the G60 steels too, possibly vw starlites too (Haris's polo is my inspiration lol)but might just settle for some halfords package
-lowering. im not too sure about coilies due to insurance, but isit it worth slappin lowering springs on there? im not really after anything low the the floor, but just a nicer stance than standard.
-aero wipers,
-more sounds
-depending on how long i keep the car...new seats and smoothed bumpers

The car has been great so far bar a few problems, minor one being rear washer jet is not spraying

major being on a couple of occasions the car has started up,, but struggling to idle, and soon as i even touch the gas, the engine turns off. after a bit of persistence its usually ok. i bought the car with 70k on it and got the cambelt changed straight away as it hadnt been done before, do you guys think it has anything to do with that?

but yeah i will be sticking round, seems like one of the more 'friendly' forums

Ricky
(ps sorry if this is in the wrong section)
Last edited by RS_GT on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 27 times in total.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: newbies green 6n2

Post by alexperkins »

Looks good mate. Plans sound good.

Id do lowering springs about 40 mm - will give you a better look with alloys for sure. G60s look great on that, as do any 15inch wheel

As for the problems:

The engine turning off. Clean your throttle body with some Wynns Fuel Intake and Carb Cleaner - big purple spray can from halfords. And if it persists, also change your green temperature sender, as both of these can cause this problem

The rear washer not working - the pipe will have popped off in either the boot lid, or more likely, the join behind the trim next to the rear passenger seat. To fix this, just remove the trim shelf next to the parcel tray (two screws, and remove the trim that runs up past the area where the seat locks in, and you can pop the pipe back together, and put a cable tie on the join both sides to prevent it popping off again

Both are rather common faults, and are easily fixed :)
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Sounds like you have made a good start with the car mate. Haris's 6N2 was stunning so if you get it anywhere near that standard then you've done well.

As for the lowering 40mm springs should be fine as mentioned by Alex above. It wont look anywhere near "low" but it will give it a better stance and will improve the look of the car. Keep a good look out for wheels on here and on ebay because there are always some good deals, especially on BBS rims.

G60 steelies are a good choice too :D

Ben,
RS_GT
Gold Member

Post by RS_GT »

thanks guys, have been on the lookout for some nice wheels for a while, i'm in South London, n quality wheels seem to be very rare round here, (2nd hand)

ordered new indicators last night as the moss on the current one really isn't a good look and of course some osram diadems to match

im after a boot spoiler too, nothing silly just a similar one to the gti spoiler, any suggestions?

o yeh future mods of course includes a gti splitter, unsure whether to colour code it so the front end look beefier, or leave it black to match the bump strips
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Look out on ebay as regard to the Boot spoiler, there are always people breaking GTI's and the spoilers/bootlids are always for sale on there.
Alternatively you could give your local Volkswagen dealer a call and ask them for a price. (expect it to be pricey though)

GTI splitters are £50 new from VW which isnt too bad really and usually the second hand splitters normally have a few scuffs on them.
I wouldnt colour code it really because of the matt black plasitc bump strips, unless you spray both the strips & splitter which would look cool. I dont think the black and green works too well so might be worth spraying them both. :)

Keep us updated with the progress

Ben,
RS_GT
Gold Member

Post by RS_GT »

hi guys, been a hectic couple weeks, car wasnt startin up at all, called RAC down they said i needed a new fuel pump, so a new one cost me about £150, fitted it and still no luck, and finally just ended up changing the spark plugs and alls well now.

anyways my new wheels arrived today, not deep dishes as id have liked, but these were cheap so couldnt help it. dishes will come next year if the cars still mine

back was sitting fairly low only because of big passengers, but its crying out to be lowered big time. i think i mite scrap the idea of springs and get coilovers in the next few months.

headed down to my local TPS today, ordered the fitting for my new foglights, (screws and securing nuts) and the audi TT pedals came upto £36 all together with discount, so not too bad,

next on the list,
Splitter
Tegwins LED board
Rear spoiler
Coilovers!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by RS_GT on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jordy-6n2
Bronze Member

Post by Jordy-6n2 »

Get some centre caps, they look pretty sweet!!
RS_GT
Gold Member

Re: My Green 6n2 + UPDATES!!

Post by RS_GT »

Fog lights fitted and running, got the TT pedals done too, was dark wen i finished them will upload a pic tomorrow

(need to get the bumper grille changed asap!!)
Last edited by RS_GT on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lowfoon
Gold Member

Post by lowfoon »

Where did you get a TT pedals from? I'm after a set
dub6n2
Gold Member

Post by dub6n2 »

RS_GT
Gold Member

Post by RS_GT »

lowfoon wrote:Where did you get a TT pedals from? I'm after a set
i see your from near me, i got my set from TPS its right next door to the VW showroom on imperial way (opposite colonnades) croydon airport area
RS_GT
Gold Member

Post by RS_GT »

dub6n2 wrote:http://www.performance-cafe.com/product ... cts_id=700

did you get them this expensive :shock: :?
nope mine cost me just over £30 for the set, but make sure you order the right parts, (LHD accelerator pedal)
lowfoon
Gold Member

Post by lowfoon »

RS_GT wrote:
i see your from near me, i got my set from TPS its right next door to the VW showroom on imperial way (opposite colonnades) croydon airport area
How much?
RS_GT
Gold Member

Post by RS_GT »

lowfoon wrote:
RS_GT wrote:
How much?
about £33, cant remember the exact figure as i ordered some other stuff with it
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Car is looking good mate,

The wheels are not my cup of tea but they look much better than the standard wheels.

The grille makes the world of difference, I am not normally a fan of black VW badges but it really does suit your car, the green/black colour combo works well.

Keep up the good work