Beijing Polo's Progress thread (updated)

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
beijing polo
Bronze Member

Beijing Polo's Progress thread (updated)

Post by beijing polo »

Hello everyone,

my name is Alan, and i live in Beijing. i am also a happy owner of a polo and would like to share what i have here in China.
i have gone though alot of changes since i bought it in 2006, hope you like :D

when i got the car, i changed the front grill to a gti one with lower polo sporty grills.

and then i purchased the gti rear valance with side skirts all color coded. also fitted a cheaper rear spoiler. with rear black Hella lights.

i de-wipered the back window.

follwed quickly by changing to audi S3 alloy wheels. with a set of lowering springs.

i then changed the springs to BC racing coilovers, along with the rear brake conversion.

inside needed upgrade so i changed to a DVD/TV/bluetooth/GPS player.

deleted rear emblem.

new polo gti cup edition fron bumper change, with gti headlights. no more fog lights! :(

gti headlights were then changed to Dayline LED projector lights.

rear spoiler change to gti cup spoiler.

front bumper numberplate smoothed flat, FK Automotive front grill, emplem hole smooth flat.

that is the story of my little polo since i bought it, i hope everybody will enjoy looking at this as much as i do changing it 8)

thank you for your time

alan
Last edited by beijing polo on Thu May 03, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 8 times in total.
V-MaN668
Getting There!

Re: Beijing Polo's Progress thread

Post by V-MaN668 »

Hey Alan,

Welcome to UK-POLO forum, hope you are well.
I really like what you've done to your Polo. Everything about it i really LIKE.
I've been back this year to my place of birth (Hong Kong) and i don't see many Polos.
But yours look amazing and i love the changes you've made to it.
Can i ask if those lights you've turned on in your GTI headlights are they Philips Diamond
Vision bulbs? I'm taking a guess that they might be.

V-MaN
beijing polo
Bronze Member

Post by beijing polo »

hello V-Man,

thank you for your comment, i am currently using a HID conversion kit so it looks blue.
there are many polos here in beijing, but not many make "good" changes haha.
do they have 1.8T polo in HK?
MODDED9N
Gold Member

Post by MODDED9N »

Aye nice little car mate!! Where did you get the parts for your rear brake change???? Thanks!!! :D
V-MaN668
Getting There!

Post by V-MaN668 »

Hey beijing polo,

Unfortunately i don't have a 1.8T, but i do have a Polo 8)
I don't live in Hong Kong, i am in England. My Polo is a 1.2 so i'm not fussed on performance but i am a visual geek.
I'm a university student with a very low budget so i can't afford a 1.8T, so a 1.2 petrol will have to do for now.
I've bought myself a pair of H7 Philips Diamond Vision from Hong Kong eBay, i've heard they are the closest bulb you can ever get to replicate HID effect looks, so firstly i thought yours were. I can't wait for it to arrive though, gonna take around 2 weeks :(

V-MaN
beijing polo
Bronze Member

Post by beijing polo »

MODDED9N wrote:Aye nice little car mate!! Where did you get the parts for your rear brake change???? Thanks!!! :D
hi there and thank you, the rear brake change was a big effort, many parts were ordered but it was bought as a set.

brake lines
rear disk guard
rear disk
calipers
caliper mounts
brake pads

was pretty tricky, but it was very worth it. :D
beijing polo
Bronze Member

Post by beijing polo »

V-MaN668 wrote:Hey beijing polo,

Unfortunately i don't have a 1.8T, but i do have a Polo 8)
I don't live in Hong Kong, i am in England. My Polo is a 1.2 so i'm not fussed on performance but i am a visual geek.
I'm a university student with a very low budget so i can't afford a 1.8T, so a 1.2 petrol will have to do for now.
I've bought myself a pair of H7 Philips Diamond Vision from Hong Kong eBay, i've heard they are the closest bulb you can ever get to replicate HID effect looks, so firstly i thought yours were. I can't wait for it to arrive though, gonna take around 2 weeks :(

V-MaN
no i really wish i can own a 1.8t in beijing too, but there is none for sale. there have been some people attempting for whole engine change but with different results. my car is a happy 1.4l which is good for me in beijing as i spend more time in traffic than moving!! so i like to amuse myself with TV.
the bulbs you purchased are very good bulbs, i used them before and they look very clear. but for the same money with delivery charge you could buy HID conversion kit i think.
V-MaN668
Getting There!

Post by V-MaN668 »

Oh, it's a 1.4l, that's not bad, better than 1.2 :D
Your Polo is probably the best looking Polo in the whole of Beijing.
Philips Diamond Vision are expensive bulbs, top end item but when you say for the same price i could go for HID conversion, i don't think i would get the quality. I bought the bulbs from Hong Kong eBay and it worked out to be 30GBP and over here you can't be getting HID conversion for that price. Even if you did find HID conversion for that price they won't last very long, if i wanted proper HIDs i would pay more for them, but for now expensive bulbs is my limit. I can trust Philips 8)

V-MaN
beijing polo
Bronze Member

Post by beijing polo »

1.2 1.4 its the same thing :P all normal aspirated cars in the end haha.
i say so becuase i bought HID kit 2years ago for 350RMB (30GBP at the time) and its going strong!
philips are the best bulbs i can find over here too, good stuff.
V-MaN668
Getting There!

Post by V-MaN668 »

Yup, you can't go wrong with Philips Automotive Lighting. They sure are the best.
Oh, i've only noticed now that you've got that green grill lining to match the center caps on your wheels.
Very cool!!!

V-MaN
beijing polo
Bronze Member

Post by beijing polo »

im a little uncertain about the green, got bored with too much black and silver and i wanted some color, so gave the paintshop something to do.
looking for TT parabols over here but they cost rediculous money as they only come off the imported TT's a while ago. so many in the uk!! :shock:
as for the grill people say go back to a gti red, but its not a gti polo.. like a cat wearing a lion's skin haha.
V-MaN668
Getting There!

Post by V-MaN668 »

Haha, you got bored so you thought splash some green onto it. Do you mean Audi TT Competition alloys? You're right, there are plenty here in the U.K.
I wanted them too but too common now here so i want something else, but still undecided about what style to go for.
Get yourself onto http://www.ebay.co.uk and try your luck there, hope it works out for you.
As for the grill, don't go for red, personally i would say go for chrome, get a chrome strip on it instead of the green. I think that would look so much better. And if you do that, get the green center caps off and get the VW badge back on mate. Then i think that should complete it. Your car is awesome already, what more do you want haha?

V-MaN
blazeguarder
Gold Member

Post by blazeguarder »

Have to say, I quite like the green :D
Car looks immense mate, love those daylines. Get those callipers green as well, would look good with the silver.
MODDED9N
Gold Member

Post by MODDED9N »

beijing polo wrote:
MODDED9N wrote:Aye nice little car mate!! Where did you get the parts for your rear brake change???? Thanks!!! :D
hi there and thank you, the rear brake change was a big effort, many parts were ordered but it was bought as a set.

brake lines
rear disk guard
rear disk
calipers
caliper mounts
brake pads

was pretty tricky, but it was very worth it. :D
Where did you get the set from??
zedzo
Gold Member

Post by zedzo »