Just a few questions.

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
PSTRAHAN
New

Just a few questions.

Post by PSTRAHAN »

Been reading threads on here for a while now but this is my first post.
I have a Red X reg 1.0 litre E 6n2 Polo.

1.) When i brought the car the steering rack was already busted and was leaking fluid out both ends of the rack. I got it replaced with an XL steering rack, and within 2 months in died and was leaking out both ends again, got the rack replaced under warrenty with another XL steering rack. A month or so on and it hasn't died yet, i just get very worried at the sound of anything unusual thinking its the rack gone again. I've been told if it goes again i will know it's either that specific make of steering rack, or my steering pump is on its way out and therefore putting excess pressure on the steering rack.

2.) Almost everytime i get a passenger in the back seats my abs light comes on :S

3.) It's covered in stone chips on the bonnet and one wing, wondered if this was common on polos as i saw exactly the same on another red polo.

4.) Could you please name some decent alloys that would fit so i can take a look at what they look like.

Replies would be great.
Paul.
Adam-
Getting There!

Re: Just a few questions.

Post by Adam- »

2): Get the car plugged into VAGCOM and it'll tell you what the fault it. It's most likely the sensor on the back has gone faulty, or a loose connection.
Lift the seat up (tuck upwards while lifting the front of the seat), and there is a black cable going under the car.

Disconnect both of them, and pour some nailvarnish remover down them and give them a shoogle. Probably a loose connection.

4): Alloys are a preference. I've only got Lupo GTi ones on mine, but they're pretty smart IMO. Have a look at the photo galleries on ClubPolo (don't slate me!), and see what you like.

Sorry I can't help with more!