Rear washer

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Me9141
Getting There!

Rear washer

Post by Me9141 »

my rear washer has not worked from the start
after searching the forum i found that the pipe could have come off during the winter

i opened up the passenger side splash guard today to realise there are two pipes plugged into the washer bottle one of eitherside of what looks like a motor

after turning the rear washer on i could see it was leaking on the wishbone of the front passenger side however i cant quite see where is exactly its coming from

anyone else had this problem? or know what i have to do to correct it?

thanks in advance
ihpj
Bronze Member

Re: Rear washer

Post by ihpj »

I believe the washer bottle is located such that you need to remove the front bumper to properly access it. You might be lucky and get away with removing the N/S/F wheel and arch liner...but I'm not optimistic.
mk5_sdi
Getting There!

Post by mk5_sdi »

just fixed this yesterday,

terrible design, there is a little grommet on the right side of the engine where the water hose (about 4mm thick black tube) passes through the firewall to the cabin and out to the back window. This hose has a connector situated on the right of the chassis just below the air box (easy to remove just two screws to remove the top the one bolt on the right hand side and then pull it out).

the connector is buried below the wiring loom heading down from the ECU, it is best if you pull the pipe back out towards the firewall and the route it in front of the wiring loom and connect it up with the other end which you will have to pull back from below the wiring loom also. the pipes dont bend easily so this may be a little tough but it took me to loose the rag with the pipework to try pulling it out lol.

whoever decided to put that connector there instead of flush with the firewall needs their head looked.
Me9141
Getting There!

Post by Me9141 »

thanks mate i'll take a look at it when i get the chance, yep it is a stupid design