1998 Polo 1.9D CL FOR SALE - 11Months MOT 4Months Tax

Forum rules
Please Use The New FOR SALE CATEGORIES when listing an item for sale!
James14100
Bronze Member

1998 Polo 1.9D CL FOR SALE - 11Months MOT 4Months Tax

Post by James14100 »

Hi,

Here we have for sale a 1998 Volkswagen Polo 1998 1.9 Diesel CL.

11 Months MOT and 4 Months Tax!

Located in Stamford, Lincolnshire.

I bought this car as I have a long commute and it has served me well but I've decided it's time for a bit of fun and have bought myself a GTI. The car has never let me down and has been a great little run about. It certainly isn't the most powerful car but the fuel economy speaks for itself easily returning 45MPG day to day and 50+MPG on long eco runs. This is cheap motoring at it's best!

There are a few niggles (as with cars of this age). The bodywork really isn't the best it could be, the car clearly has been a good work horse for previous owners. There a quite a few scratches and a bit of rust on the rear arches (as can be seen in the photos below). I've never seen it as a problem as all the car has done for me is get from A-B very cheaply! The temperature gauge doesn't work for some reason but it's never been a problem being a diesel.

In the last 10k miles it's had the following:
Two new front tyres (2k ago)
Oil change
Oil Filter
Fuel filter
Air filter
New OS Rear Shock absorber
New NS front wishbone
New rear brake shoes & pistons
New Exhaust (from the CAT to the rear)

Being a CL spec it does come with the following:
Power Assisted Steering
Central Locking
Front Electric Windows
60/40 Split fold rear seats

There are no issues with the interior and all is clean. The car comes with a CD Radio which works great apart from the CD part no longer accepts CD's :-(

Milage is high at 160k but I'm sure with the ease this thing drives it'll last a long time. I have stacks of history and some old MOT's.

Looking for £475 which I think is fairly priced

Thanks for looking

James