New to the Forum

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Edi30
Gold Member

New to the Forum

Post by Edi30 »

Hi,

Thought I would join as I have recently picked up my new Polo GTI. I have had it for nearly two weeks now and I am very impressed with it so far. Trying to take it steady to ensure that everything beds in well but I have opened it up a few times and it does feel quick.

The car is a 5 door in Deep Black Pearl with a few extras MFSW, RCD 510, Convenience pack and Winter pack. I had to wait a long time for it as I ordered it back in early June but it was worth the wait.

I will post some images once I work out how.

Cheers,
Edi30
Alex_White_Gti

Re: New to the Forum

Post by Alex_White_Gti »

Edi30 wrote:Hi,

Thought I would join as I have recently picked up my new Polo GTI. I have had it for nearly two weeks now and I am very impressed with it so far. Trying to take it steady to ensure that everything beds in well but I have opened it up a few times and it does feel quick.

The car is a 5 door in Deep Black Pearl with a few extras MFSW, RCD 510, Convenience pack and Winter pack. I had to wait a long time for it as I ordered it back in early June but it was worth the wait.

Cheers,
Edi30
Damn you!!!....
I thought I would be the first "new" polo gti owner on here lol
Get some pics up dude and welcome to the forum :-)

Alex.

D
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

Hi!

Cant wait to see some photos!
bennyboy
Bronze Member
Drives: old 6r GTI , now 6c GTI

Post by bennyboy »

Alex_White_Gti wrote:
Edi30 wrote:Hi,

Cheers,
Edi30
Damn you!!!....
I thought I would be the first "new" polo gti owner on here lol
Get some pics up dude and welcome to the forum :-)

Alex.

D

Damm you both i also thought / wanted to be the first to own 1 i ordered mine the 2nd week in may , the wait is killing me.
pictures needed to confirm your statment pleeeaasse!! :wink:
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Seeing as you asked so nicely, here you go!

At the dealers when I picked it up. 8)

Nice front shot on the drive

I was very pleased when the car arrived with both sets of controls on the steering wheel and a Highline compter :D

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv17 ... logti2.jpg :roll:

See the new Polo's look just like the Golf!

Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

When others view these pics do they appear cropped? I have noticed on other posts I get the same, anyone know why this happens?

Cheers,
Edi30
live1
New

Post by live1 »

holy sh*t that gti is sick,my dream car.im rocking a 6n2 gti.what extras did you get mate. the standard ride height aint bad compared to the 6n2 where u can fit ya head in the arches lol.hows the ride comfort
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Thanks, factory options, Deep black pearl paint, convenience pack, winter pack, RCD510 touch screen 6 cd and MFSW. To my surprise the MFSW had contols on the RHS for the multiple function display and this was upgraded to Highline spec. I also had the front spoiler from the accessory brochure fitted by the dealer at the PDI so is covered by the 3 year warranty. Dealer also did Autoglym plus had some rubber matts for the winter and a load liner.

The ride is good, firm but not too crashy it feels about as firm as my Golf GTI but a little more bouncy as the Polo does not weight as much so does not soak up the bumps as well. Most of my trips are country A and B roads with lots of bumps and pot holes but my insides have not been shaken to bits as yet :)

Cheers,
Edi30
POLOS
Bronze Member

Post by POLOS »

Very very nice but so so expensive
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

Love It! Amazing stunning car!
bennyboy
Bronze Member

Post by bennyboy »

:x GOD DAM IT sex on wheels, both cars are stunning, thanks for the new screen savers. :wink:
bennyboy
Bronze Member

Post by bennyboy »

:shock: in the last pic it seems af if you own a sponge i hope its only use is the house windows and not to make nice swirl marks on your fantastic cars??????????
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Yes I do use a good quality sponge (Autoglym) and I am very careful to use lots of clean soapy (Autoglym car shampoo) water only clean small areas at a time and rinse the sponge regularly. I always rinse the cars down first with a hose to get all the grit and muck off before I wash it. I also use a different sponge for the lower parts of the car and the wheels. I wash them every week without fail unless like earlier this year they were covered in snow and ice for one weekend. I have found that if you leave it any longer than that the build up of grime, grit and brake dust on the wheels is much harder to get off.

I have been washing my cars like this for years and have not scratched them yet while washing. I have tried various brushes and hand mittens but found a good sponge with no dirt in them works well. What do you use and recommend? I am not really in to detailing a car but do try and wax one panel a week to ensure there is no road tar on the paint work especially the White Golf GTI. This I am sure you will be all to familiar with once you get your Polo.

Cheers,
Edi30
bennyboy
Bronze Member

Post by bennyboy »

i used to do abit of car valeting about 15 years ago and at the time autoglym was the best by hand so like you stuck with the brand really , it works very well like you hose down first , 2 bucket method for washing & cleaning my turtle wax lambs wool wash mit , then dry off with microfibe towels then s.r.p and while thats drying in clean alloys and tyres ,buff off polish , and aply extra gloss protection , while drying on blacken tyres glean glass, then remove e.g.p .job done 4 hrs if i have time then i do the inside , and if i still have time then do the engine bay, for me a full car by hand 6 - 8 hrs ish.
and white cars i recon they are the same as met black when clean look fantastic but 5 minutes later can look dirty again but well worth it, had white in the past so looking forward to the change from black and silver really and the candy white was in the price .
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Bennyboy, thanks for the advice I will try the hand mitten again as I need to get some more car shampoo. I have used the extra gloss protection and ultra deep shine a few times to top up the Autoglym treatment on the Golfs (once a year). Cars come up really well once used its just finding the time to spend 3-4 hours on the cars in one go :?

Cheers
Edi30