How to fit 40mm Lowering springs ???

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
willson1992
New

How to fit 40mm Lowering springs ???

Post by willson1992 »

hi guys,

Just bought some apex springs, 40mm all round.
for 1.0 1995. MK4 6n polo.

But i'm a bit confused as to how to fit them

I could have got it done at the shop where i bought them from, but they wanted £80 for the springs, £40 fitting, and for £40 labour, it cant be that hard.

Does anyone have any guides/wakthroughs as to how to fit them?

This is the car they're going on.

Cheers in advance

Dan
memsis
New

Re: How to fit 40mm Lowering springs ???

Post by memsis »

i fitted mine myself with no real knowledge as to what i was doing lol so i cant be too hard. iv a 6n2 so im not too sure if the 6n is any different.

the way i did it was -
get the car jacked and get the wheel off.
2 bolts at the bottom were the shock joins onto the hub need to come out. theyre round at the back
then at the top of the shock under the bonnet were the strut tops are there are the plastic covers. get them off and take off the top rubber bung/seal and a few nuts.
give the shock a good shake and it should fall out.
use spring compressors to push the spring away down so it doesnt pop off and take off the remaining top of the shock and the spring should lift off.
put the new spring on and then do the same process in reverse.
repeat x4 lol

it took me ages to do as id never done it before or any clear idea what i was trying to do but it worked ok for me. im sure someone here could give you a better guide.
my polo was raised up for the bad weather but itl be going back down again fairly soon so if you need photos pm me and when im doing my car ill get a few photos